Vacancies at Alfred and Victoria Associates
Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Chartered Accountant (Female Only)
Location : Lagos
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles.
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts.
- Publish financial statements in time
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, balance sheet, and profit/loss statement.
- Develop periodic reports for management.
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures.
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups.
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation.
- Prepares asset liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proven working experience as a cost accountant or in a relevant field.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Excellent accounting software user.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Advanced degree in Accounting.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports.
- Proficiency in IT.
Heavy Equipment Sales Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Functions supervised: Sales Team
Area of activity: Sales
- Collaborate with the GM to create and implement the sales policy.
Maintains Client Relationships:
- Regularly visits prospects, clients and follows up on visits.
- Collects and answers needs, offers advice and assistance.
Ensures the company’s commercial development:
- Collaborate with the General Manager to implement sales policy and processes.
- Develops the client portfolio and turnover.
- Analyses sales figures and propose sales promotion and development measures.
- Monitors competitors and make suggestions to Management.
Submits Sales Reports:
- Creates a comprehensive weekly sales reporting system.
- Escalates complaints in the client tracking program.
Leads the Sales Team:
- Coaches and supports sales executives.
- Monitors sales executive’s activities.
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead a Team.
- Ability to forecast with precision.
- Proficient in sales and marketing techniques.
- Proficient in promotional sales techniques.
- Ownership Mind-set.
- Team Spirit.
- Analyze: Steps back from his/her activities, regularly analyses his/her environment and conditions to achieve success, creates a table of possible scenarios by envisaging different probabilities.
- Anticipate and initiate change: Monitors all trends to identify factors that warrant change and to avoid the need for urgent measures, questions his/her operating methods and quickly identifies areas to be modified, looks for alternative methods to perform more efficiently.
- Build, research and act: Looks for and submits suggestions and recommendations unprompted, takes initiatives when faced with unforeseen situations, decides on relevant innovative solutions in line with circumstances, a proactive person who conquers new fields (markets, activities, missions, etc.).
- Communicate and defend an idea: Clearly and convincingly explains the reasons behind a sound idea, presents solutions that attract support, measures the effect of his/her actions or words on others.
- Listen and facilitate understanding: Clearly sets out the problems encountered, encourages others to express their expectations and concerns while considering the suggestions and remarks made, adopts and summarizes requests made while including them in the action plan.
- Value action: Abides by the lead times agreed, personally checks that his/her activities comply with the efficiency standards applicable to the department/occupation and the commitments made, checks whether his/her targets have been met and aims to exceed targets, makes sure that the client has clearly expressed its requirements to ensure its order are processed as well as possible, keeps the client at the front of his/her mind when talking and acting.
- Team work: Shares information and opinions with team members, aims to share know-how, develops a network of internal and external contacts, is always open to the other members of the organization and resolves conflicts of interest that arise within a group.
- Lead a team: Listens to, respects and is open to other people, explains his/her expectations to others through clear and achievable negotiated targets, makes decisions and choices, assesses and recognizes other people’s success, contributes to improving other people’s performance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 15th May 2019 (3pm)
Note: Any application received after this time will be automatically rejected.