Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the part-time undergraduate Degree programmes of the Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education (CDL&CE), University of Abuja, for the 2021/2022 Academic Session. The programmes, designed to provide quality education to those desiring to combine work and schooling at the same time are as follows:
A. Faculty of Arts
1. Department of English
- BA English Language
- BA English Literature
2. Department of Linguistics and African Languages
- BA Linguistics BA Arabic
3. Department of History and Diplomatic Studies
- BA History and Diplomatic Studies
4. Department of Christian Religious Studies
i. BA Christian Religious Studies
5. Department of Islamic Studies
i. BA Islamic Studies
6. Department of Philosophy
I. BA Philosophy
B. Faculty of Education
7. Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology
i. B. A. Ed Guidance and Counseling
8. Department of Arts Education
i. B. A. Ed Education English 9. Department of Social Science Education
i. B. Sc. Ed Education Geography
C. Faculty of Management Sciences
10. Department of Accounting
i. B. Sc. Accounting
11. Department of Business Administration
i. B. Sc. Business Administration
12. Department of Public Administration
i. B. Sc. Public Administration
D. Faculty of Social Sciences
13. Department of Economics
i. B. Sc. Economics
14. Department of Geography and Environmental Management
i. B. Sc. Geography and Environmental Management 15. Department of %Mica' Science & International Relations
i. B. Sc. Political Science
C. Admission Requirements Applicants seeking admission into the specified Part-Time programmes of the Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education of the University of Abuja must possess any of the following requirements:
i.) A minimum of five credit passes including English and Mathematics obtained at not more than two (2) sittings in the relevant subjects from any recognized examination bodies such as SSCEIWASC, GCE '0' Level, NECO, NABTEB or TC II.
ii.) Two' A' Level passes with a minimum of five '0' level credit passes in relevant subjects.
. iii.) Direct Entry (DE) applicants must have at least four (4) credits passes in Engish Language and Mathematics in SSCE or NECO at not more than two (2) sittings and at least two passes in 'A' level G.C.E or Dipbma at Upper Credit level or 10 points in Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB). NCE holders with a minimum of Ten points pass obtained from a recognized institution in addition to five (5) '0' level credit passes as in (i) above can also be considered.
D. Duration and Mode of Study Al Part-Time programmes run at the Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education (CDL&CE) shall be for a minimum of Sk (6) years in respect of the regular four-year degree programme depending on the entry qualifications. The mode of study is mainly face-to face contact on weekends.
E. Method of Application Prospective candidates are requested to
process their admission through JAMB e-faclity platform to register after which appicants can be seen on the institution's CAPS dashboard for admission processing before proceeding to apply with JAMB Registration number online via CDL&CE Portal:
1. Visit: www.cdIce.uniabuia.edu.nst
2. Click on CLICK HERE TO APPLY to read Admission Requirements
3. Indicate the mode of Study PART-TIME OR ODL
4. Click on APPLY button to commence Application
5. Fill your Biodata thus: (Surname, First name, Other name, Email, and Phone Number). These steps require you having a valid email address. You may need to open one if you have none 6. On the payment preview page, click on Generate RRR
7. Click make payment and you will be redirected to remita platform, enter your card details (Master Card or Visa Card)
8. After a successful payment, you will be redirected to the portal and application number generated. You will be logged out accordingly
9. Click on "Main Login", enter the generated application number and surname as the password to continue the application process
F. Application Fee Application forms shall be purchased at the cost of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000) only through REMITA platform excluding bank charges.
•:. Applicants are expected to check their e-mail and message boxes from time to time for information and update regarding their applications.
•:. Sale of Admission Forms commences on Tuesday 4th January 2022.
For further Enquiries, Please call: 07033974306
Mal. Yahya Mohammed