Calaya Engineering Services is a limited liability company that is specialized in Industrial & Oil Field Chemicals, Well Operations & Wellhead Maintenance, Corrosion Control, Monitoring & Prevention, Steel Structure Design, Construction & Fabrication, Cathodic Protection Services, Sand blasting & Coating, Calibration, Certification and Pressure Testing, Hybrid Acoustic Technology (HAT), Statutory Inspections and Nondestructive Testing, Waste & Environmental Management and Procurement.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Analyst
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
- This job covers all treasury activities in the Company
- Several local and international banking institutions, laws, and regulations as well as Parent Company’s treasury rules
- Approximately 8,700 transactions processed monthly
- 96 foreign and local bank accounts.
The incumbent is required to perform the following activities:
Treasury Cash Forecasts and Management:
- Forecasts the Company’s daily cash need, monitors performance, and analyses variances by comparing forecasts versus performance to ensure efficient cash management.
- Evaluates the Company’s need for Naira, as the senior analyst, and conducts negotiations for FOREX Sales required operations.
- Supports the Treasurer in monitoring Company’s bank balances to ensure availability of funds for smooth company operations.
- Produces Daily Bank Balance and FX Sales reports, and contributes to preparing Treasury Tableaude Bord for management decision-making.
- Prepares and dispatches NXP reports for Crude Oil & Gas Commercial to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provides adequate economic reasons for all key cash flow movements for the weekly treasury meeting in HQ
- Provides the Company’s weekly forecast overdraft position with relevant explanation of forecast movements.
- Monitors cash call receipts as the senior cash flow analyst and informs relevant stakeholders for adequate reporting of arrears.
- Implements approved internal control procedures on treasury operations to ensure safety of the Company’s financial assets
- Implements relevant financial laws, regulations, agreements, and covenants with authorities and financial institutions
- Communicates with banks on confirmation of payment instructions, missing daily MT940 bank statements.
- Collaborates with Accounting Department to ensure adequate recording of Treasury transactions.
- Follows up on pending or returned payments and receipts as the senior analyst to ensure adequate resolution of issues. Controls
- Supports the Treasurer in developing and maintaining positive relations with banks and lenders in order to achieve the Company’s objectives.
- Participates in negotiating bank facilities and supports the documentation process.
Context and Environment:
- Dynamic legal and regulatory (e.g.,CBN ad-hoc directives) environment, constraining creativity, and increasing risk of sanctions.
- Reliance on information technology & communication and its inherent challenges, may be beyond the treasurer’s control
- Omissions, commissions, errors, and fraud could potentially lead to high financial loss to the company.
- Increasing sophistication in Cyber crimes, higher potential for financial crimes, and exposure to third-party threats and weaknesses
- General Awareness of HSE.
- Synchronizes cash flows for the Treasurer to ensure that Company’s financial obligations are met as at when due.
- Cultivates and maintains positive relations with bankers and lenders to ensure operational efficiency.
- Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of relevant regulations and company rules to ensure compliance.
- Implements cash flow operational procedures and controls to ensure adequate safeguard of the Company’s financial resources
- Prepares daily cash forecasts, monitors performances, and analyses variations to ensure efficient cash management
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Minimum educational qualification of HND / B.Sc in Social Sciences / Finance / Accounting / Banking / Economics
- 8 years relevant post-graduation experience in Finance/Banking/Treasury function (treasury operations experience in a
- banking/finance institution will be an added advantage).
- Possession of excellent analytical and communication skills as knowledge of Microsoft Office (at least Intermediate Level).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply