Tongston Holdings Latest Employment Vacancy
Tongston Holdings is a brand for secondary schools, educators and students who dare to think, create and sell their ideas. We exist as a holding company currently with four subsidiaries – Tongston College, Tongston Institute, Tongston Ventures and Tongston Media. Our products, services and businesses are continuously offered to help improve human capital by integrating & supporting entrepreneurship in secondary school curricula in Africa. We exist to transform secondary schools into entrepreneurial institutions, secondary teachers to entrepreneurial educators and secondary students to entrepreneurial learners. The company currently has presence in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media and Communications Manager
About the Role
- The Media and Communications Manager will develop content for and promote Tongston’s work through traditional and social media platforms.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Organising and running marketing campaigns over social media platforms (such as: Facebook, Twitter, Website, Blog, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube).
- Creating content, including text posts, video and images for use on social and traditional media.
- Regular posting on social media platforms.
- Creating scripts for marketing and promotional videos and materials.
- Managing Tongston’s website and blog.
- Promoting products, services and content over social and traditional media, in a way that is consistent with Tongston’s brand and strategy.
- Interacting with customers, partners, stakeholders and dealing with inquiries.
- Developing new social media strategies and campaigns.
- Managing a budget to be spent on promoting social media posts and pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
- Keeping track of data and analysing the performance of social media campaigns.
- Collaborating with marketing and business development colleagues to ensure branding is consistent.
- Sourcing and engaging key stakeholders (such as social media influencers).
- A university degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Business Management or a related field of study.
- An understanding of social media marketing.
- Existing experience running one or several social media platforms.
- Demonstrable track record in handling social media campaigns.
- Understanding of website management, graphic design skills and search engine optimizaton.
- Proficiency in key applications (MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Corel Draw, Adobe Systems and any other required applications).
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs, Outlook).
Skills & Competence:
- Creativity, Innovation and Problem-Solving Skills.
- Organization and Planning.
- Advanced communication and business writing skills.
- Strong script writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines regularly.
- Strong data analysis and presentation skills will be an asset.