Supply Chain Manager - West Africa at Diversey
Diversey has been, and always will be, a pioneer and facilitator for life. We constantly deliver revolutionary cleaning and hygiene technologies that provide total confidence to our customers across all of our global sectors. Headquartered in Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA, Diversey employs approximately 9,000 people globally, generating net sales of approximately $2.6 billion in 2017.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager - West Africa
Ref No: R0008250
Job Type: Full time
- As Supply Chain Manager, while accountable for the end to end Supply Chain function within West Africa, you will develop and implement strategy and ensure all functions in Supply Chain (EHS, Quality, Planning, Operational procurement, Contract Manufacturing, and logistics) are aligned to meet the business needs and achieve the overall SC strategy & targets.
- You will drive tactical and operational implementation of the strategy to ensure operational efficiencies across planning, operational procurement, logistics (inbound, warehouse and distribution) management, process/production management and benchmarking.
- You will also act as the single point of contact between West Africa Supply Chain and the regional Supply Chain management.
- Develop a strategic vision, key priorities and initiatives aligned with the Regional Supply Chain strategy.
- Responsible for end to end supply chain planning including demand planning, supply planning of imported finished goods, contract manufactured goods, to logistics including inbound, warehouse and distribution;
- Manage, develop and train people to meet competency requirements for the assigned work, with focus on process thinking, therefore creating a high performing and engaged supply chain team that supports achievement of business goals.
- Building, planning and ensuring sufficient supply chain bench strength for succession planning in the organization
- Create an environment in which associates can work safely and are focused on continued improvement, by identifying action areas for employee engagement improvement
- Facilitate monthly Supply Chain performance review with systematic review of root causes & analysis together with a detailed action plan. Ensure key Supply Chain KPIs are measured and met - , Supplier On Time in Full, inventory value & DOH, Inventory accuracy, Aged & Obsolete Inventory, sales forecast accuracy & bias, Service Level Measures, Warehouse & Distribution efficiency as % of NTS, total supply chain functional costs, Supply Chain Savings.
- Manage the supply chain process of new product introduction and end of life processes.
- Participate in M&A project evaluation and lead integration of supply chain specific processes and functions, as may be required by management.
- Design and implementation of a fully functional supply chain management infrastructure for West Africa to enable standard processes and performance with efficiency.
- Ensure planning consistency between functions and Planning & Forecasting process performance. Drive S&OP process (rolling 12 – 18 months) and continuous improvement.
- Optimize the Supply Chain network (planning, distribution, warehouse, etc.) to meet the service level targets for customers, at optimal cost and working capital
- Manage contract manufacturing and logistics vendors. Work cross-functionally with strategic procurement team to evaluate performance of vendors to ensure they are meeting company needs
- Lead Inventory Excess & Obsolete review discussions with commercial leaders, and drive the action plans
- Prepare annual operating plan capital and expense budget & rolling forecast updates monthly.
- Identify cost reduction and savings opportunities, and areas for improvement to achieve financial goals and drive performance and business results, making recommendations where appropriate
Desired Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- A Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or related discipline. An MBA or Masters Degree will be a distinct advantage.
- 10-15 years’ experience in various supply chain roles
- Experience of leading a multi-disciplined team, gained in a complex environment working at a senior management level, within an end to end supply chain role.
- Professional qualifications e.g. APICS - CSCP, CLTD, SCOR-P will be an added advantage
- Experience in managing supply chain flows in a complex regulatory environment. Solid experience and understanding of the Nigerian import regulations and customs & excise act is a must.
- Able to lead by example and create a safe environment for our colleagues and contractors
- Competency in planning and budget preparation
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in a Supply Chain, Financial, Engineering, or Analytical related discipline
- Proficiency in MS Office with strength in MS Excel and Power Point
- Ability to interpret a financial P&L statement, and other supply chain financial metrics.
- A strong aptitude for motivating and influencing teams at all levels without direct reporting authority
- Demonstrable experience of managing suppliers and achieving immediate operational improvements.
- Experience of solving complex material supply problems with varied root causes e.g. quality, process capability, process layout, logistics, resource based etc..
- Able to adapt to a changing environment, maintain momentum and provide the most relevant and innovative solutions.
- Have a passion for talent development, employee engagement and an ability to create an environment where differences are embraced and everyone has the opportunity to contribute and achieve success.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply