Absa Group Limited is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa’s strategic ambition is to continue to grow as a Pan-African bank. In our Nigeria office we offer trade finance, investment banking and market products through our various Nigerian registered subsidiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Structured Trade and Commodity Finance Banker
Job Requisition ID: R-15935543
Location: 1 Murtala Muhammed Drive, Lagos
- To actively market and execute Structured Trade Finance product solutions to Nigerian and West Africa clients in order to increase Absa market share.
- The task involves active marketing, networking through strategic relationships both internal and external in order to book transactions that meet Absa's risk criteria and achieve acceptable returns on capital employed.
- Create shareholder wealth through growing profitability of the portfolio by identifying new and existing customer potential including sales opportunities and new product initiatives
- Continue to deliver enhanced quality of service delivery in areas such as technical competence (product related), transaction project management, meeting of deadlines, client satisfaction, developing new product offerings/structures.
- Manage and mitigate risk - regularly review client activities and transactions, and identify areas of potential risk to both the client and Absa Corporate Africa requirements and specifications - as it applies and through ensuring the required procedures and controls are implemented.
- Liaise with internal and external service providers, insurers, freight forwarders, transporters, logistic companies, Specialised Funding Solutions (SFS) Legal, SFS Credit to mitigate operational and credit risks.
- Ensure that best practise, skills and knowledge are shared through ongoing interaction, team meetings, roadshows etc. across the Structured Trade & Commodity Finance (STCF) team and where appropriate and compelling working with other areas within the Absa Group.
- Work closely with the rest of STCF Transactional Management, Relationship Teams and Specialised Funding Solutions to ensure effective and efficient working relations
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Science or Engineering
- 10 years of experience in banking and/or credit extension
- 3-5 years in structured trade sales
- Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Understanding of Structured Trade and Commodity Finance governance
- Ability to analyse and interpret information to ensure correctness and completeness
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a client facing environment
- Deadline driven – ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure required.
- Bachelor's Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Competencies - (Maximum of 8 competencies):
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Presenting and communicating information.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online