Job Title: Strategy and Communication Manager
Location : Lagos
Reports to: Vice President, Strategy and Communication
- The Strategy and Communication Manager is responsible for creating and driving the implementation of policies, programs and projects that support the company’s evolving vision; short, medium and long-term plans.
- You will also be responsible for managing the perception of the company’s public image; growing awareness about and affinity for the company’s brands and driving thought leadership within the company’s ecosystem.
- External communication consultants and agencies in relation to communication, events, and other experiential projects
- Colleagues across the company, especially senior colleagues responsible for managing strategic business units, product/brand managers in order to understand their communication needs and to develop strategies for same
- Junior communication executives and other support staff.
Strategy and Strategic Planning:
- Work with executive leadership to define strategy and success criteria for the company, its brands and services.
- Drive user-centered product/service design, development and deployment
- Translate strategy into defined tactics, programs/projects, priorities and implementation plans.
- Oversee definition, development and implementation of criteria to report and monitor progress against objectives
- Monitor, measure and communicate delivery against strategic plans.
- Research relevant trends and activities and work with executive leadership to further define business strategy and sustain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Provide strategic leadership to cross-discipline teams, providing clear, confident, and inspiring leadership as the company defines and implements outlined strategies.
- Collaborate with senior team and staff to develop tactical plans and communication strategies
- Analyze and recommend emerging industry trends, expansion and new business opportunities, viability of outside business partners and venture capital sources
- Create strategies and specific objectives for sub-functions and develop budgets/policies/procedures to support same
- Ensure efficient resourcing on work streams and take responsibility for the overall quality of all deliverables.
- Develop strategic communication plans for the company, its products and services and create structure to drive execution of the plan
- Manage the development and execution of a comprehensive media relations program to position the business with key external audiences, build brand strength and thought leadership
- Provide executional support to senior business leadership, in the following areas: strategic planning, messaging, speechwriting, features and articles, public speaking training, presentation materials and media relations
- Identify, leverage and integrate video, digital, social media and other appropriate media formats to increase the effectiveness of corporate and brand communication
- Build awareness of and affinity for the company by engaging with the media, press, bloggers, analysts, influencers, and the general public
- Work closely with the Marketing, Sales, and Product teams, and external consultants to support product and corporate goals and drive communication campaigns, events, activations and other experiential activities
- Craft compelling narratives that articulate value propositions and drive excitement across the company’s focus target audiences
- Assess the effectiveness of the business’s communication channels and put in place measures that will create awareness and momentum and test the effectiveness of communication activities.
- Challenge the status quo of the business and the Strategy and Communication unit and seek out new and innovative ways and opportunities for elevating the company’s brand
- See to it that goals cascade downward to all levels of employees, progress is communicated upward to management, and company strategies are included regularly in communication efforts
- Be the company’s lead brand evangelist, embodying its core values and differentiating perspectives
- Create an effective framework for internal communication.
- A degree in Social Sciences, Arts or Humanities
- Proof of continuous post-degree professional development
- A relevant post-graduate degree would be an added advantage
- Demonstrate exceptional ability at balancing leadership across four dimensions: 1) Creating strong brands 2) Teamwork 3) Building a successful business and 4) Making company and culture better
- Proven experience in designing, planning and/or implementing successful communication projects and working with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to co-ordinate media campaigns, communication strategies (internal and external) and to plan, manage and deliver targeted market research programmes
- Must be highly familiar with digital channel programs and strategies, inclusive of new and emerging technologies that support content/message delivery
- Ability to formulate advanced concepts and solutions that demand a high degree of, creativity, innovation, technological expertise, and ingenuity
- Demonstrated high standard of written and analytical skills, and excellent presentation skills (including experience of giving presentations to a wide range of audiences).
- Tech and business savvy
20th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page biography highlighting your education, work experience, professional achievements and explain how they buttress your suitability for the role with your daytime phone number to: email@example.com Email Subject: SCM Application
Note : Do not send your CV.