Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good. We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: 2022 Internship Programme (Financial Markets)
Job ID: 2100035832
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job: Business Support and Management
About the Financial Markets
- Our Financial Markets business function is differentiated by our extensive global footprint and, an intimate appreciation of the local markets we’re present in, as well as our diversified expertise.
- We offer our clients risk management, financing and investment needs through bespoke solutions and trusted relationships.
- Our strengths include trading foreign exchange, rates, credit and commodity products, and arranging debt issuance, augmented by our award-winning Research Team and eCommerce Capabilities, delivered through our dedicated Sales Teams.
About the Programme
- Our 10-week Global Internship Programme allows you to work directly on real world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths.
- The programme is intended to create a pipeline to our International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles.
What You’ll Experience
- A 10-week structured Internship programme, that typically takes place April – August
- A country induction, formal welcome to the Bank and get to know your peers
- On-the-job learning
- Be paired with a ‘buddy’ from the International Graduate Programme, to set you up for success and provide insights into the International Graduate programme, fondly known as the IG Programme
Can I Get onto a Graduate role from the Internship Programme?
- High performing Interns will be eligible for placement on our International Graduate Programme
- For Financial Markets, there’s an opportunity to be considered for other full-time entry-level roles as well.
We Have Opportunities in:
- CCIB Client Coverage
- Financial Markets
- Digital Channels and Data Analytics
- Retail Banking
- Wealth Management
- SC Ventures.
We’re interested in people with diverse backgrounds and encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply to our programmes.
For our Global Internship Programme, you must:
- Be in your in your penultimate (second to last) year of study of your Bachelor or Post-graduate Degree.
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to, for the full duration of the internship.
- The Bank does not sponsor work permits for Internships.
- For the UAE, we accept applications from Arab Nationals requiring visa sponsorship, but priority will be given to nationals of the country.
- For US, we will consider students in their sophomore or junior year for our summer internship program.
- If you’re required to completed mandatory National or Military service after graduation, we will accept applications from final year students.
- All Interns participating in the Global Internship Programme will be evaluated during the 10th week of their internship.
- Evaluations will be used in our final recruitment decisions for the International Graduate Programme and other full-time roles, with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.
Deadline: 11:59 PM: 30th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online