SSA Trade Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: SSA Trade Sales Head
Job Req ID: 21416919
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Product Management and Development
Job Family: Market Segments and Services
- Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) is a market leading, award-winning provider of cash management, cards and trade, solutions to financial institutions, public sector and corporate clients around the world.
- With a global network spanning 100+ countries, we are uniquely qualified to service clients with local and cross-border interests and provide integrated reporting and management.
- TTS is a highly innovative organization with a strong digital agenda; new products and services are continuously being developed to meet our clients rapidly evolving treasury requirements and unlock new opportunities for growth. We provide clients with dynamic information, tools, and APIs to effectively manage their portfolios, financial positions, working capital and supply chains.
- As SSA Trade Sales Head, the primary objective of the position is to lead an experienced Trade team to support growth of new Trade mandates across a portfolio of SSA parented and SSA based global subsidiary clients and shared service centers. As such, the role has direct sales (of structured and commoditized Trade products) and people management element, as well as a responsibility to manage and optimise the broader sales channels.
- Citi Trade solutions help our clients (both of the old and new economy) with a diverse range of strategic objectives such as sales growth, return on asset enhancement, risk mitigation, margins and free cashflow. As such, the role involves both:
- Developing deep client relationships across multiple pillars of our clients organisations - including Sales, Supplier Chain, Procurement, Sustainability, Digital & Treasury/Trade
- Leveraging data to identify client objectives, pain points, performance and ultimately produce a diagnosis and recommended courses of action for consideration by clients
- This position will report to the SSA Trade & Working Capital Head and Matrix to the EMEA Trade Sales Head. The role can be based in Nigeria, South Africa or Kenya.
- Work closely with the Banking teams, cluster and regional Trade teams, Global Solution Sales and Relationship Management to ensure cohesive origination model for Trade
- Establish client relationships and trusted advisor status across portfolio of clients - with core responsibility of originating Trade opportunities across Citi network
- Bring the best of Citi to clients by establishing exceptional internal network
- Develop awareness of clients ecosystem and environment to up-tier & differentiate the client discussion
- Exceptional opportunity to develop a holistic knowledge and perspective on how the full spectrum of Trade solutions can be leveraged to address a myriad of client commercial requirements across all sectors.
- Ultimately, this experience could lead into future moves into a variety of Product or Sales roles across TTS.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Other relevant professional qualifications advantageous e.g. CFA, ACT.
Knowledge / Experience:
- Significant experience persuading, negotiating and communicating with impact externally
- Business development experience, including building and maintaining a sales pipeline
- Experience delivering and executing mandates through global matrix teams
- Developing marketing strategies to sell the Bank’s relevant products
- Experience with Credit &/or Trade Products
- Experience in Structuring complex Trades for clients
- Relevant experience working in the SSA markets will be an advantage.
- Strong persuasion & negotiation skills, with a strong ability to adapt style of communication for audience.
- Track record of creativity, and drive.
- Self-motivated and Comfortable working in unstructured environment.
- Ability to develop strategy and carry through to execution.
- Quick to adapt to constant change.
- Strong networking skills, both internally and externally & a strong team player
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi