Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solution Architect
Req ID: 379302
Location : Lagos, Nigeria
Categories: Network Operation and Integration
- At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide.
- As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Our Exciting Opportunity:
- We are now looking for a Principal Solution Architect, who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solutions for the customers.
- In this role, you will also be accountable for providing profitable business for Ericsson by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Guide a team various experience (SME, Solution Architect & Senior Engineer), delivering Radio Access Network, Design, Tuning, Optimization services.
- Conducts in-depth technical discussions with customers on technology strategy, key challenges and customer support.
- Engage with the customer Core planning, engineering and operation teams to understand customer requirements, problems within the communication services domain
- Ensure project delivery team adherence to delivery model and ways of working.
- Design, implement and test features that meet the specifications and requirements
- Provide Radio network strategic and architecture planning, ensuring robustness, scalability, interoperability, and appropriate technology
- Support Site acquisition team and Regional Teams to find the suitable site locations to build sites based on nominal plans
- Evaluate the technical site survey details and provide valuable feedback and correction if required
- End to End process review to strengthen and optimize solutions, processes and methodologies leading to higher efficiency and quality assured delivery.
- Provide support to Sales and solution department, also engage with presales activities, including pre-studies
- Participate in customer projects, handling scope, risks, changes and customer expectations.
- Setup alignment, communication, and processes between NDO and other project streams including NRO, Sales, EP and MS
- Proficient in Network Design on multiple technologies and multiple streams (RAN, TRM and RNC).
- System dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis,
- Coverage planning, site identification, evaluation, Network planning, interference analysis and optimization using EDOS DP.
- Network Planning to meet design targets and Final Network acceptance with customer
- Accountable for project strategy to design and implementation
- Responsible for coverage analysis of GSM/WCDMA/LTE networks.
- Creating & Studying RF coverage maps, perform simulations and identify problem areas, also troubleshooting areas with poor coverage and Quality and recommending suitable solutions.
- Proficient in using Planning (Asset/Ericsson Tools) tool extract data as per design requirements
- Draft RF design solutions to address RAN network issues to be reviewed by Radio Planning Supervisor/Manager.
- Proposal for coverage/capacity enhancement, Network optimization to meet the acceptance target.
To be successful in the role you are:
- Bachelor’s degree and above in Electronics and Communication or relevant fields.
- Vast experience on Design and Planning, experience in Ericsson Network Design Tools, Radio Products, and Solutions (GSM, WCDMA and LTE)
- Must have customer facing and engagement experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective communication and relationship development with customer
- At least 15 years of multi technology experience in Radio Networks Design, Planning, and Solutions
- Deep understanding of new technological trends in Radio Network, including Small Cells, CA, MIMO, IOT etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply