- Company: Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc)
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc), is a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria (backed by international investors and shareholders).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer, Operational Audit
- This job holder will be responsible for increasing the efficiency of AEDC efforts, aimed at reduction of ATC&C losses to the barest minimum and improving internal control in ALL Company Operations and Technical activities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Identifies and evaluates Company risk register covering all significant processes and providing comprehensive input to the development of a risk-based Internal Audit Annual Plan for Operational Audit.
- Organizes the work of employees as assigned to protect the interests of AEDC, strives to eliminate negative phenomena related to energy losses, misconducts and corruption, reading and billing efficiency, collection and disconnections, bill delivery and other processes related to commercial and network activities.
- Evaluates AEDC internal controls and provides recommendations to Management. To improve risk management, control and governance processes. In addition, to assist the Company in achieving the objectives for business efficiency, reduction of ATC &C losses etc.
- Analyses customers by category on the commercial system to discover trends and pattern of their transactions and provides recommendations to Management for revenue improvement.
- Ensures that safety initiatives are consistently administered in compliance with AEDC policies and government regulations.
- Ensures that revenue protection team, disconnection teams, regional performance monitoring team, meter engineers and marketers across the Regions/Area Offices are working based on the strategic plans and targets as required.
- Ensures that all Audit report case file are properly documented with necessary evidences where applicable.
Education & Knowledge
- First degree in (Engineering, Law, Statistics & Economics)
- Minimum of 3 years work experience
- Experience in the Audit/related certification in Audit will be considered as an advantage
- Good working knowledge of IFRS and any other relevant certification will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Audit procedures, including techniques, test and sampling methods.
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Integrity and professionalism
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Risk Management/Project management skills
- Business acumen
- Communication skills
- Professional skills for writing audit reports
- Self-motivation and self-initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Microsoft Office Tools
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2021.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
The MD / CCE,
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
No.1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4 – FCT, Abuja.
Attention: The Executive Director, Corporate Services. Note
- All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter.
- The subject of your email should be “Position applied for.” Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.