Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate – Brand Activation
Job type: Full-time
Reporting Manager: Marketing Manager, West Africa
- The Senior Associate – Brand Activation will have a leading role in planning and execution of Brand activation activities for the entire life cycle of all Sun King products and services.
Key Responsibilities for the Role
- Develop Brand activation plans aimed at supporting Sun King Commercial Business Unit (B2C& B2B) so as to assist in achieving targeted revenue and market share levels.
- Develop and manage relevant activation plans and execute the concepts so as to have a memorable impact on the targeted consumers, B2B Partners & Internal Stakeholders.
- Achievement of set targets for various campaigns through effective participation and coordination of BTL activities in the trade.
- Conceptualize, develop and roll out BTL activation plans in liaison with the relevant department and/or activation agency.
- Ensure visibility for all Sun King products in the market as per set targets.
- Manage relationships between Sun King and all activation agencies as well as between the marketing division and other internal partners.
- Monitoring and reporting on the expenditure of the market activations budget.
- Management of Sun King Events (Internal & External) inclusive of Industry conferences
- Work with Creative team to ensure all customer facing materials are aligned with the Sun King brand guidelines.
- Work with the Procurement team to source for competitive suppliers for all marketing materials.
Key Performance Indicators
- Manage Brand Activation Events and activities and Identify opportunities/action plans within specific projects with real time tracking.
- Develop and apply in-depth understanding of consumer insights to advance the business agenda. Key focus on engaging and driving ROI within the targeted consumers, B2B Partners & Internal Stakeholders.
- Managing the briefing process, day to day evaluation, co-ordination and control of Support agencies in delivering campaigns with Marketing Manager, Commercial Business Unit (B2C & B2B), and third-party agencies.
- Attainment of communicated visibility and market branding targets through effective management, co-ordination and distribution of BTL activities
- Ensuring that all branding is implemented to set Sun King standards (Per our Pictures of Success)
- To effectively manage resources allocated through effective monitoring of activities and by providing support to the Commercial Business Unit (B2C & B2B)
- Co-ordinate with the Commercial Business Unit (B2C & B2B) and trade activation team to support Go-To-Market activities for the company wide campaigns, activations and trade activities.
- Working closely with other departments to ensure that activities planned are executed correctly and on time.
- Ensure the market activations calendar is synchronized and incorporates all relevant stakeholders where possible to maximize on savings and efficiencies.
- Ensure quarterly evaluation of activation agencies with procurement teams based on the set performance criteria.
- Effectively monitor and control the activations budget within approved departmental budget.
- Ensure timely submission of regional reports and triangulating shared reports from different regions and come up with insights that can be adopted in different regions.
- Collect, compile and provide product & brand performance feedback to internal stakeholders with input from trade activation and sales team to ensure that we improve on our products, services and processes.
The ideal candidate has:
- A degree in a business-related field. Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- 5-7 years’ hands on experience in Sales or Marketing related environment. Experience working in a Marketing Agency is an added advantage.
- Self-motivated, self-starter who is willing to take initiative, ownership & accountability
- Ability to develop external partnerships and form strategic alliances
- Must be an excellent Team Player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and pays attention to detail.
- Highly results and performance oriented.
- Excellent negotiation / influencing and presentation skills.
- Greenlight Planet offers competitive compensation, a fun, supportive work environment, and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.