Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Executive
- Klasha is a Fintech startup with HQ in the U.S. We are looking for a sales leader who is excited to join our fast-growing team and can start immediately in Lagos, Nigeria.
- This candidate must be ready to move fast and add value to our team, owning merchant acquisition and successfully winning the business of retailers and implementation of the Klasha technology.
- You must be an energetic, organized, and passionate person excited for the opportunity to be on the ground floor of Africa’s next FinTech standout product and team.
- Identify prospective retailers based on strategy and targets across markets, segmentation, and product implementation capabilities.
- Identify appropriate contacts, engage in initial outreach, cold email sequences, and maintain detailed and strategic follow-ups.
- Schedule and soon lead meetings pitching the Klasha technology and business opportunity.
- Experience in building effective urgency with clients, uncovering opportunities and pain points with clients to then provide a solution, negotiate, and win deals efficiently.
- Skilled at managing the timelines and stakeholders internal to Klasha and to partners across the deal cycle and post-sales.
- Negotiate, close deals successfully, and manage all post-sales needs.
- Quickly leveling up on the retail and eCommerce market, FinTech industry, and overall greater business opportunity, in tandem with learning Our value proposition and technology to then communicate them effectively to prospective clients.
- Ready to share ownership and give strong feedback on the build and scaling of a high growth sales team including internal processes and greater sales strategy.
- Account Management of initial deals successfully closed providing a white glove experience and driving operational excellence.
- CRM ownership and documentation of disparate and corresponding client information, sales activity, and deal progression.
- 1+ years of relevant experience selling in the fast pace fintech, eCommerce, or SaaS space across the African continent, special consideration for international B2B and merchant experience.
- Is not afraid of competition when selling a stellar product in the global eCommerce + retail market.
- Strong effective communication over email, text, and calls, leading with an empathetic, consultative approach that is strategic. One that earns the client’s trust, interest, and investment in Klasha to acquire customers across Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Has a book of contacts with retailers, eCommerce sites, and brands spanning Africa, MENA, US, and the UK. Or, confidence and extensive experience working with international SMB and Mid-market international clients, in the US, UK, EMEA, and APAC.
- Has been a founding member at a startup on the ground in Nigeria or across the continent before. Ready for the opportunity to take that on -can hit the ground running, get their hands dirty, and can think quickly within ambiguity to build with our founding team.
- Comfortable and excited to work with a global, young team working across timezones and geographies.
- French language proficiency is an added plus.
The Fun Stuff
- Competitive salary and attractive commission structure
- Cool company perks
- You'll be working with a young, growing team based in Lagos, Nigeria that is millennial and GenZ driven.
- Fast and expanding career progression
- Flexible working conditions.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online