At Caret, we vet, hire and manage exceptional non-tech talent for the world’s most ambitious companies. We do this by sourcing, upskilling, and managing highly talented people who can hit the ground running and enable our clients to achieve their business goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Executive
Location: Abuja and Lagos
- We are looking to add target driven, go-getters with phenomenal communication skills to our fast-growing team.
- As part of an ongoing engagement, we are hiring Sales Executives based in Lagos and Abuja for a full-time role. This role is full time and location based.
What We are Looking For
- Our ideal Sales Exec is a target-driven, self-starting, go-getter who gets excited by closing deals. You are a personable, articulate and convincing communicator who exudes energy. You’ve been told that you can sell sand in the desert.
- You are self-sufficient and thrive in an active working environment. You continuously look for the best ways to improve any situation. You strive for excellence in all you do, and you understand the value of clear and timely communication.
A Day in This Role
- A typical day in this role includes actively hitting the streets to source, engage, and close partnerships with restaurants and food delivery businesses.
- You’ll have a workspace to work from, but we expect you’ll spend most of your days out and about, in meetings and conducting site visits with our potential partners.
What You Should Save / Be Able To Do
Our ideal Sales Executive is calm under pressure, not easily flustered, and can think of creative solutions to challenges. As such, we are looking for someone with demonstrated track record in hitting targets who has:
- 2 - 3 years sales experience (bonus points if this experience is in selling within the FMCG / food sector).
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent presentation, communication, and people skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling sales pitches.
- Business acumen and familiarity with business terminologies.
- Problem solving skills, especially being able to creatively think up ways to overcome blockers.
- Strong IT skills, in particular, familiarity with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and sales and CRM tools (e.g. Salesforce).
- Experience in start-up environment is a plus
- It’s okay if you don’t meet all the requirements. We are always looking for exceptional talent so, if you think you’ll be a great fit for this role, shoot your shot!
What does success in this role look like?
- This role is mostly performance and target driven. From day 1, your sales targets will be communicated to you. Success looks like your ability to consistently hit your sales targets, day-to-day, week-to-week, month-on-month.
Compensation and Benefits
- Expected salary: up to NGN 150,000 monthly gross.
- Monthly airtime, data and transport stipend.
- Continuous learning and development initiatives.
- Paid time off.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
What You Can Expect in the Hiring Process
- Pre-employment assessment. Get to flex your skills by showing what you can do in a series of short, timed exercises.
- Application form. Let’s learn more about your experience and interest in this role.
- Intro Call. Chat with potential teammates about what it's like to work with us.
- Take-home Assignment. Show us how you work in a simulated activity that mimics your day-to-day in this role.
- Team Interview. Let’s learn more about you, give feedback on your assignment, and answer any lingering questions on your mind.
- Manager Call. Final check to make sure all is in order.
- Offer stage and hiring wrap-up. If all goes great, get an offer letter and get ready to make magic with us.