We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Consultant
- As the Sales Consultant, you will be responsible for generating, qualifying and closing sales leads in Nigeria (Abuja and Kano region primarily) for BitPesa’s cross-border payments service.
- As the target market is mid-large corporate clients, you must bring a high-value network of key decision-makers in mid-large businesses to this opportunity. This presents an exciting way to get involved, earn additional income and help take Africa’s leading digital FX company to the next level.
- We’re looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with Executives and analysing sales metrics.
- Source, qualify and close sales leads that satisfy internal criteria;
- Create and execute a sales plan including but not limited to outlining a list of prospective clients and 12-18 month sales projections;
- Adhere to the sales process set out by the company to acquire clients;
- Ensure that new clients are won and trade large volumes consistently ( > $1million each per month) at profitable rates,
- Effectively liaise with internal and external stakeholders when required, to move deals forward in the sales process (working with Compliance, Finance, or Product);
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture.
- Develop quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans with specific, measurable goals;
- Hold meetings with potential clients following the sales process set internally;
- Keep sales tools up to date regularly to clearly identify status and success during sales process;
- Collect data from potential clients and coordinate with internal teams to complete each sale;
- Flawlessly execute trade requests from new clients and ensure thorough hand-off is completed to the Account Management Team for repeat clients;
- Calculate ROI on acquired clients to measure the success of the sale;
- Actively participate in weekly meetings, providing updates and comprehensive weekly/monthly reports of sales activities and results to key internal stakeholders.
- Seasoned professional with 5 years experience in sales and marketing or financial services, ideally in payments/money transfer or mobile money in West Africa;
- Previous experience in successfully scaling business for payment companies in Nigeria is a plus;
- Large network of local decision-makers within potential corporate clients;
- Proven track record of developing and closing complex sales deals from the ground up;
- Fluent or working knowledge of English and Hausa required;
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, presentation, and listening skills;
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise immediate, short-term goals and simultaneously focus on strategic, long-term goals;
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite Tools skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific sales tools/software;
- Passionate about our mission to redefine how businesses make payments to and from Africa;
- Willingness to be based in Abuja and extensively travel within Nigeria;
- University Degree.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online