GIG Logistics is a member of The GIG Group and prides itself as Nigeria’s leading logistics company. Incorporated in 2012 and headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, GIG Logistics leverages on technology to gain competitive advantage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Control & Compliance Manager
: Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- We are expanding rapidly with scores of local branches in Nigeria, Ghana, and the United States of America, and we are seeking an experienced Quality Control & Compliance Manager to help us keep growing. If you believe you have what it takes to build a World Class Organization and ready to work at it. We want you!
Job Description & Responsibilities
- As the Quality Control & Compliance Manager, you will establish, implement and maintain the Quality Management System (QMS) processes for operations in all regions.
- You’ll promote awareness of customer requirements and have the organizational freedom to resolve matters pertaining to quality, helping to maintain GIG Logistics superior levels of service conformity.
- Follow up on non-conformance and generate exception reports for scanning, manifesting of shipments, bank remittances for daily sales, bank remittances for COD
- Ensuring processes are performed as stated in the operations manual and generate exception reports where necessary.
- Enforce dressing compliance.
- Follow up to ensure movements on the route mapping are adhered to within Regions as well as for movements between the Gateway and all regions.
- Check across service centers to ensure service center staff are applying the right prices.
- Follows up with IT to make sure the applications are working as designed and to generate exception reports when they are not.
- Monitors late deliveries within, to and from regions, and escalate to avoid delayed delivery.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly reports for management review.
- Other duties as the exigencies of work may demand.
You’ll be ideal for the role if you have the following:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a similar role with 3 years in distribution or logistics including supervisory experience.
- Prior experience with ISO9001 and/or Quality Standard preferred
- Demonstrated Lean Enterprise / Process Improvement skills
- Experience with working in a high-volume distribution center environment;
- Six sigma or Lean Enterprise experience/certification.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with warehouse management and inventory management software
- Demonstrated commitment to process excellence by ensuring proper, efficient and accurate use of defined processes and procedures
And we are delighted to have team members who show the following qualities:
- You collaborate with team members and have excellent interpersonal skills
- You are adaptable, enjoy prospecting challenges and delivering results
- You are calm under pressure and maintain a diplomatic manner even when being challenged
- You can communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online