Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Lead, Chipper For Business
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
About the Role
- Currently, Chipper offers business accounts as well as Network API as a product for businesses and merchants to disburse and collect payments to and from individual users on the Chipper platform.
- We’re looking for an experienced Product Lead to discover and shape the brand new product area: Chipper for Business, expanding the portfolio of products for SMBs.
- You’ll be leading the team in discovering the various needs of businesses on the African continent and those in the US, UK, and other countries which transact with people in Africa.
- You’ll shape the product strategy and the roadmap for the group of products and lead the team of product managers, engineers, designers, and user researchers to discover and deliver value for businesses of various sizes.
- You’ll work proactively across the whole stack of products Chipper has for individuals and figure out the ways we can package them into business offerings.
- You will also leverage the Chipper platform and its power moving money inside Africa and beyond defining new products of high value for businesses.
- The ideal candidate will be joining an existing team of one product manager, a number of engineers, and designers already working on the new Network API product. Your goals would be defining the product strategy and the roadmap for the Chipper Business portfolio of products, developing and testing various business models, as well as hiring, mentoring, and coaching product managers joining the team.
- This role requires a leader who thrives in ambiguity, identifies and quickly captures opportunities, and possesses an unrelenting tenacity. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and influencing skills and use data to guide his/her decision-making.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsibilities include: developing market intelligence, strategy, and the roadmap for the Chipper For Business product area
- Expand the Chipper For Business products into new markets
- Manage external product partners as well as internal stakeholders with clear and collaborative communication
- Interface with operations, customer support, marketing, finance, and LRC to ensure that the desired economic and operational KPIs are met throughout the product life cycle while ensuring the product is compliant and doesn’t put the company at risk
- Analyze customer feedback and drive continuous product improvement
What You Should Have
- 3+ years of experience in senior product management roles with a track record of delivering new products from scratch. Experience with products for SMBs definitely is a plus. Experience with other financial products is also a plus
- The ideal candidate has previous experience working in the Fintech industry, in topics such as Cards, Payments, Investments, P2P transfers, alternative payment methods, as well as traditional banks, neobanks, or any other relevant fintech
- You are an expert on SMBs and understand that their needs, in many cases, substantially differentiate from retail customers
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking and the ability to use data and customer insights to inform decisions and inspire new thinking
- Enjoy working with engineers, designers, and the greater team of stakeholders to solve complex problems
- Keen attention to detail - making sure that our products are not only amazing for customers, but also meet all of our regulatory requirements
- Customer-centric: goes the extra mile to create great customer experiences
- A self-driven individual who is comfortable in an environment where priorities are shifting frequently
- Eager to try new experiences, strong motivation to get things done, and not afraid to make mistakes
- True team player - actively helping those around you to be successful
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a massive impact on the company, on the product, and, most importantly, on the lives and livelihoods of our users.
- Enjoy working from home? Coffee-shops? Co-working spaces? Pick any of the above! Our team is fully remote.
- The Chipper team is truly global - on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, Berlin, London, Accra, Lagos, and Nairobi.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
- We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status. Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.