Cordros Capital Limited is a leading financial services group in African markets with a reputation for wealth creation. We are licensed as Brokers/Dealers and Issuing House by the Securities & Exchange Commission and The Nigerian Stock Exchange. Cordros offers a broad range of services to a diversified client base which includes private clients, small businesses, financial institutions, corporations and governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Portfolio Manager – Equities
Department/Unit: Investment Management
Directly Reports To: Managing Director, Cordros Asset Management
Directly Supervises: Investment Management Analysts
- The Portfolio Manager will work closely with relationship managers to manage, monitor, and maintain client portfolios and funds. He/she will develop and research Equity investment ideas for clients, perform due diligence on existing investments, and serve as a member of the Investment Committee.
- This is a senior role which involves mentoring Investment Management Analysts and other junior investment professionals; and has decision?making authority and responsibility on clients’ investment matters.
- Critical thinking about macroeconomic investment ideas and forecasting methodology, and the ability to explain and defend those ideas to a broader audience.
- Conducting industry and company specific comprehensive fundamental analysis, including in-depth financial statement analysis.
- Analyzing investment portfolio data to monitor investment returns and risk
- Participating in investor meetings and calls to provide portfolio
- Providing content proposals to potential
- Serve as an in–house consultant to the sales teams and relationship managers on all products and services.
- Meeting with relationship managers to review and manage client portfolios and investment guidelines.
- Actively participate as a member of the Investment
- Manage projects assigned by the Investment
- Presenting overviews, reports and timely investment recommendations to the Asset Management team, including buy, sell and hold recommendations.
- Developing and implementing investment strategies & asset allocation for individual and institutional investors.
- Collaborating with all team members on the design of investment strategies for all products and services.
- Monitoring trends within the capital market.
- Contributing to the development of policies and processes for portfolio analysis and management, investor reporting and regulatory
- Minimum of a Second Class Lower Bachelor’s Degree in either Economics, Statistics, Banking and Finance or Business Administration from an accredited university.
- An MBA or related Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage.
- ACS, ACA or CFA Certifications will also be an added advantage.
- 8–10 years industry experience, of which 6 years must have been spent in investment/portfolio/funds management.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Global, Domestic Economy and the Nigerian Capital Market.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of various asset classes.
- Deep technical expertise in research and investment analysis.
- Deep knowledge of asset allocation and portfolio construction.
- Sound knowledge of investment and risk management fundamentals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, adept at concise
- Outstanding client relationship development and management
- Aptitude for presenting financial information in understandable formats for multiple
- Leadership and People Management Skills.
- High degree of Excel proficiency-the ability to create and maintain spreadsheets with
- Proactive problem-solving
Behavioural Attributes Required:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Client first attitude, professional demeanour, personal integrity and an understanding of fiduciary
- Ability to multi?task and manage time
- Self?motivated, confident, detail?oriented, and
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as
- Demonstrated ability to design, launch and scale new projects
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply