- Company: Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, an International Industrial Group is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Director
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- To organise/direct all activities of the plant and provide leadership to direct reports and the entire staff of the Company.
- Take overall responsibility for all production-related operations including purchasing and distribution, safety, industrial excellence and technical support, human resources (people mobilization/development), customer orientation and logistics as well as production support functions such as mining, engineering and maintenance.
- To ensure that quality/quantity are met and implementation of all company policies and procedures, in the areas of HSE, Personnel, Training and Financial Management
- Provide overall strategic leadership, direction and guidance for all Plant operations.
- Ensure the continuous growth and profitability of the organisation’s business.
- Demonstrate ownership for the execution of the corporate strategy at the plant level
- Prepare the annual budgets and prudently monitor and manage the Plants’ resources within the budgetary provision
- Continually control and monitor plant performance through measurement and analysis through the use of standard tools, benchmarking and pre-defined Group indicators to be used for tracking.
- Demonstrate ownership for all technical issues in the plants.
- Optimise and adapt the production process and equipment
- Oversee the analysis of sales forecast to determine production capacity required to meet forecast.
- Monitor production performance including cost & volumes of raw materials, energy & fuels, effective utilisation of equipment/machines and ensure alignment with planned production targets, delivery targets, profitability targets and other key performance measures.
- Oversee the execution of all necessary systems, controls, policies and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework
- Develop a customer-oriented culture
- Human Resources Management and Development: execution of succession plan and training plan, compensation, labour relations and communication
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university in the field of Engineering or any related discipline.
- MBA is required.
- 20 years’ experience, with at least 10 years in managing multiple lines large scale industrial plant
- Previous experience in Emerging Markets/Africa is a plus
- Very good understanding of technical problems and industrial strategy in the following domains: Operation and Maintenance Management Systems (SAP experience is a plus), Process Management, Product Quality, Quality/ Environmental Management, Project Management, Human Resources Management, Logistics Management.
- In-depth knowledge of strategic planning and financial management.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.