APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Payroll Deployment Specialist
Ref No.: AT-306149
Location: Onne, Rivers State
As we prepare to go live with a new service delivery model and related technology and processes, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Analyze local legal, fiscal, and regulatory requirements across a group of countries and asses the need for process localizations
- Drive the end-to-end process review and uncover gaps between current and future model. Design local/regional solutions to manage these in the new model and support the creation of local action plans to implement the solutions
- Perform over/under payment and manage advance payments
- Manage pre-payroll, on-cycle payroll, off-cycle payroll processes
- Be risk aware and help identify, report, mitigate and track risks in the payroll delivery process
- Integration of Workday with Kronos in APMT
- Participate in Time and Attendance initiatives including system upgrades, communication of changes to People Partners, testing and documenting all changes for historical and record retention policies, project support as needed
- Interface with People Partner/HRBPs to support employee/ manager queries
- Identify improvement opportunities in regional processes and raises them to global process managers
- Annual payroll reconciliation and new Payroll Year preparation
- Work with PPO and Legal to understand local legal framework, including tax advantages across a group of countries
- Social Insurance Tax Payment and Reporting
- Process payroll data
- Adjust basic time configuration of systems after initial implementation, as approved/required
- Track vendor deliverables on payroll SLAs via defined payroll metrics
We Are Looking For
- You are data, systems and process savvy in the Payroll, Time & Attendance domain and are excited about putting your deep expertise at work in the transition into new technology and processes at Maersk.
- Solid experience (5-8 years) in Payroll, Time & Attendance processes, within a complex international organization.
- Flexibility and adaptability to operate in a fast-paced, developing project environment, taking ownership, and setting directions with minimal guidance.
- Resilience: the change process, is anything but straightforward; accepting uncertainty and bouncing back from setbacks while keeping your enthusiasm is a tall order, but we need it.
- Collaborative working style, fostering cooperation and teamwork to find solutions.
- Highly analytical approach with a strong eye for detail.
- Structured working style and focus on delivering results as per agreed timescales and scope.
- Experience in working in a Unionised Environment and working with Frontline (Blue Collar) Employees.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong knowledge of compliance and legal regulations for payroll & benefits across a group of countries.
- In depth country specific tax knowledge, social security, and pension knowledge across a group of countries.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- Broader HR Operations experience as well as exposure to an outsourced payroll model would be a benefit.
- Ability to effectively engage and mobilize diverse local HR stakeholders and vendors.
- A proactive, ‘let’s get it done’ attitude geared towards continuous improvement.
- The role is based in one of our key locations in (Onne, Nigeria) working in the APMT Onne Terminal.
- The People Partnering hub is a truly international HR support center where you will work alongside, learn from and build lasting relationships with colleagues from all over the world. Joining Maersk, you will become part of the global family of the company that moves 20% of global trade everyday all the way, where one of our core values is Our Employees. It goes without saying that we value diversity: we thrive on the diversity of our talent in all its forms and we see it as a strength in building high-performance teams across brands, cultures, and locations.
- You will have a unique opportunity to stretch your capabilities by learning from, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues all over the world.
- In this role, you will support the regional payroll organization, working with a matrixed group of stakeholders and vendors to ensure great employee experience and regulatory compliance from a payroll, time & attendance delivery perspective.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply