Myrtle Management Consultants RC1083018 is proudly an indigenous African company set up with the objective to be the preferred and reliable partner in core business management processes. As part of our key focus, we aim to support our clients to achieve a synergy between people, system and processes. Incorporated in 2012, Myrtle is a fast-growing firm, with a dynamic, insightful and professional leadership team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NYSC Front Desk Officer
Ajah and Magodo – Lagos
Job type: Full-time
Report to: Gym Supervisor
- The Front Desk Officer plays a critical role in providing a first-class experience to members, prospective members and visitors to our facility.
- Together with other members of the Fitness Centre Team, the Front Desk Officers are ambassadors for the organization and will be the first point of contact for enquiries, complaints and questions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service experience to all members, non-members and users of the facility
- Providing information on classes and fitness packages available
- Handling questions about cancellation of membership
- Ensuring that adequate stocks of information, packs and leaflets are available at reception for interested parties
- Ensuring the safety and security of visitors, members and staff at all times and taking a responsible attitude towards maintaining the premises and facilities of the Fitness Centre
- Serving customers, taking money for activities and accurately accounting or transactions at the end of each shift
- Enrolling new members and assisting current members with their queries
- Greeting members and users of the gym as they come through reception
- Checking in members and verifying memberships
- Registering prospective members and guiding them to the correct person
- Welcoming members and visitors to the gym and providing accurate information concerning programmes and activities
- Creating an excellent first impression of the gym by providing a warm welcome, tidy appearance and pleasant manner at all times
- Handling telephone enquiries, recording messages from incoming calls and transferring calls
- Maintaining a clean and tidy environment, both behind and in front of the counter
- Recording and keeping clear and accurate records of all queries, complaints, lost property and repairs and ensuring the information is delegated to, and resolved by, the relevant department
- Cashing up and banking at the end of each shift and ensuring that shifts are balanced accurately completing relevant documentation
- Undertake other duties, of a similar professional nature and commensurate with the role, at the request of the Gym Supervisor.
- Minimum HND or OND
- Candidates must be serving as a Corp Member (NYSC)
- Must reside in Ajah or Magodo
- Ability to attend work during evenings and weekends.
- Committed to ensuring the safety or members and guests at all times
- Uphold safe and efficient workplace policies and practices
- Undertake supervision and training
- Maintain records, and compile monitoring data as requested
- Friendly and approachable with an outgoing personality
- Cooperative, positive and optimistic.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent Marketing skills.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- Able to prioritize work, handle pressure and take confident day-to-day decisions.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and behavior.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and over the telephone.
Deadline: 9th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.