The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa's financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Secondary Markets
Location : Lagos
About the job
- The Exchange is seeking for dynamic and experienced individual who has a deep understanding of the competitive landscape in the relevant financial / capital markets as Head, Secondary Markets (HSM).
- This position is responsible for the management of Secondary Market business of the Exchange.
- The role includes oversight responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Secondary Markets department and supervise the reviews and restructuring of the existing products and creation and delivery of new products.
- The Head, Secondary Markets will also oversee all functions pertaining to the Fixed Income product line with the overall goal of ensuring that bonds are appropriately priced, positioned, promoted, and supported in a way that will increase both listings and order flow.
- Responsible for the departmental revenue line and ensure the success of all products traded on The Exchange.
- Supervise the reviews, restructuring / enhancement of the existing products and creation and delivery of new products.
- Coordinate for the team new business development and stakeholder’s engagement initiatives.
- Ensure that all market developments are actively monitored and analysed.
- Support the Exchange projects, providing key input into the project process, ensuring that there are no, or minimal, risks involved in the projects.
- Analyse new product ideas in conjunction with institutional / wholesale distribution and marketing firms to determine success potentials and uniqueness within the industry
- Understand product profitability goals and provide inputs to appropriate financial areas.
- Responsible and accountable for all product management responsibility assigned to the team, including the provision of appropriate support and information to the Executive Management.
- Oversee all product management activities, including but not limited to product initiation, planning, assessment, benchmarking and launch
- Manage the Secondary Markets team maintaining high morale, motivation within the team and ensuring that the individual team members deliver all objectives within the agreed deadlines to the required standard.
- A first degree in quantitative or business related areas
- A post graduate degree (MSc or MBA) or professional certification and licenses (e.g. CIS, CFA, will be an added advantage
- Minimum 12 years of experience in financial services industry or in an investment product management/marketing role, distribution-related role.
Desired Competency and Skill Requirements:
- Previous relevant experience in Financial Market and Investment Strategies.
- In-depth technical understanding of product features, market structure and regulations guiding products traded on the Exchange.
- Knowledge of order flow drivers and the eco system around the entire order life cycle
- Sound understanding of institutional, regulatory and policy landscape of the Nigerian Financial Market
- Familiarity with Global capital markets environment.
- Relevant experience in trading, sales and business development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply