We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager – Events & Sponsorship
Reporting to: EHoD Commercial
Job type: Full-time
Employment Type: Permanent
- To ensure that the key deliverable in the marketing plan are achieved on time and budget, whilst developing new initiatives to support the overall brand strategy and assist the business to achieve its marketing objectives.
- Reporting to the EHOD Commercial, candidate will be responsible for delivery of the marketing plan as it relates to the Events and Sponsorship sector predominantly in Nigeria, but also involve in the coordination of activities with Vodacom Business Group Africa. As the first point of contact for marketing with regards to Events and Sponsorship, will coordinate marketing activities mainly in Vodacom Business Nigeria as it relates to Events and Sponsorship.
- Events Management.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) Programmes
- Sponsorship management and promotions
- Product Marketing and Channel Support
- Vendor and Agencies Management
- Collateral material management & distribution
- The responsibilities of this role will include developing and implementing of the Commercial Sponsorship and events strategy, preparing of commercial proposals, negotiating and agreeing sponsorship opportunities with the marketing team.
- Candidate will work closely with the agencies, media vendors and corporate clients to maximise coverage.
- Candidate will build and maintain strong external relationships with potential sponsors and events host, corporate partners, and supporters, through securing and leading new business meetings and maintaining strong relationships.
- He/she will ensure that all approaches to the corporate sector are tracked consistently, through effective use of an internal system or tracking spreadsheet.
- Preferred candidate must have Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business Administration from a reputable university.
- Experience in Telecoms or technology sector required
- A marketing qualification (e.g. CIM) would be an advantage
- 7 years post NYSC working experience with Management/Supervisory experience essential
- This role is a wide ranging and high profile one, so the candidate will therefore have a proven track record in business marketing, external communications or/and website design and management.
- Candidate will be fully IT literate, with knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products and have highly developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships at all levels.
- Also Strong communication, sales presentation, management and leadership skills; goal-oriented, strong budgeting and ability to be creative under pressure with knowledge of current marketing trends and multimedia platforms will be required
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in B2B direct marketing, have a strong commercial grounding and possess excellent organisational skills. Building and managing project timelines and budgets with a focus on delivery and seeing assignments through to completion are personal key attributes required.
- Have a strong customer facing presence.
- Be able to communicate across all levels within the organisations.
- Good influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Well-developed Oral, written and presentation skills.
- Be well organised, structured and be able to drive and oversee multi-discipline projects across many companies and organisations.
- Formulating marketing strategies and Concepts
- Creating and Innovating
- Planning and Organising
- Deciding and Initiating Action
19th February, 2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: You will be contacted if you are qualified for the job.