MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager – Sales and Trade Development
Job Identification Number: 1072
Location: Mobil Junction, Oluyole Estate, Ibadan – Oyo, South West Region, Nigeria
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Reports To: Senior Manager Sales and Trade Development
Division: Sales and Distribution
- Execute the retail strategy in the territory to achieve the objective of retail expansion, dominance, mind share and loyalty in the region.
- Identify, create and execute Communal & Goodwill events and sponsorship initiatives in the region to drive affinity and localization of the MTN brand in the region.
- Research and provide feedback reports on competitor activity, network quality, peculiar market situations and any issues affecting the marketing of MTNN products in the region
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Plan and manage supplier relationships with Distribution companies and customer relationships.
- Collaborate cross-functionally – NWG, Marketing, Enterprise Solution, CR, in the regional and territorial engine rooms to ensure commercial alignment in achieving the objectives of revenue, profitability & market share in the sub-region.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Achieve BTL visibility objectives across all outlet types and categories in the region through the effective planning and execution of merchandising.
- Review analysis of regional marketing surveys on current and new product concepts and recommend future product development within the region.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Sales & Distribution Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business scorecard. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviors and impact on non-compliance on bottom-line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Develop and execute territory-specific trade marketing initiatives to ensure achievement of the business objectives in the region.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and implement training interventions for retail participants to ensure adequate knowledge of MTNN products.
- Develop and manage profitable and sustainable partnerships to achieve our data device and mobile money objectives in the territory.
- Ensure standard look and feel across all MTN retail outlet types in the territory
- Ensure effective communication of the MTN brand and proposition at the retail layer of the distribution channel
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Coordinate the presence and relationship of MTNN with stakeholders and policymakers at the Regional levels.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- First Degree in any related discipline
- Fluent in English
- Possession of a Master’s degree may be an advantage.
- 6 – 13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- marketing management experience within the telecommunications, FMCG’s or ‘new age’ service industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11:59 PM: 30th December, 2021.