Maintenance Technician - Elect at Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited
Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician - Elect
Function: Contract Delivery
Job Category: Engineering
- We are now looking for an Electrical Plant Technician to join our Contract Delivery team in Ewekoro, Nigeria.
- The sucessful candidate will be responsible for all activities related to Maintain and operate the plant during the shift according to company policies, procedures, and operation plan.
What will you be doing:
- Identify and locate all existing sensors and transmitters of engines and auxiliary equipment as well as test and substitute them if necessary.
- Carry out inspections of all electrical equipment and take corrective actions when needed.
- Inspect engines electrical systems of the engines, auxiliary equipment, and other existing equipment in the plant to detect electrical faults and take the necessary steps for the prevention and correction of the referred abnormalities.
- Maintenance of electrical tools, fixtures, cutting tools, and hand tools.
- Reconditioning and overhaul of engine's electrical components.
- Comply with all safety regulations (including isolation, lockout, and tag out) and perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety devices.
- Ensure that the working area, machines, auxiliary equipment, and tools are kept in good and clean condition.
- Identify and correct abnormalities of the engine excitation systems as well as test the protection and supervision equipment of the systems.
- Create work reports according to guidelines.
You will shine in this role, when you have:
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent educational background.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant industrial experience in O&M experience requirement in HFO power plant and its auxiliaries.
- Perform all activities needed to reach the objectives of the position and comply with the orders, instructions, values, and company policies applicable as employee and/or the position.
- Continuously seek for solutions keeping a customer focus mindset.
- Understanding of Wärtsilä business, quality, and workplace safety is a plus.
- An Advance level of English language
- We are seeking for an expert professional with strong problem solving and decision-making skill.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th July, 2022.