The Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce is the foremost bilateral chamber in Nigeria. Our main objective has been the promotion of trade and investment between Nigeria and Britain since our inception in 1977. We currently have about 400 members spanning all sectors of the economy made up of Nigerian and British business people. While our head office is in Lagos, we maintain an NBCC-UK Network in London and developing a network of local branches within the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Director of Programmes
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Job
Programme Planning, Management and Implementation:
- Ensure the implementation of programmes necessary to achieve the mission of the Chamber.
- Coordinate and oversee the organization of programmes and events for the benefit of members.
- Initiate and set goals for programmes according to the strategic objectives of the Chamber.
- Lead and manage programmes to achieve its mandated targets in accordance with annual operational plans and targets of the Chamber.
- Ensure compliance of approved Programme and Project plans
Programme Reviews, Evaluation and Assessment:
- Keep the Chamber executive informed of upcoming events, with detailed and accurate reports or presentations.
- Implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that correct procedure are followed by staff under supervision.
- Ensure quality and timely submission of quarterly and annual or required Programme and Project Performance Reports as per desired standards and guidelines.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and relevance of Chamber events over time, and recommend improvement as required.
- A first degree in Social Sciences, Management or a related field. A Post-Graduate degree will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a Programmes/Event Management function.
- Thorough understanding of project/programme management techniques and methods
- Experience in designing, setting up and coordinating programmes/events
- Experience in sourcing sponsorship from diverse sources
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Working knowledge of MS office and programme management software
- Working knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Understanding of the project cycle management
- Excellent understanding of fund-raising, donor strategies and governmental relations.
- Proficiency in the use of IT Tools
- Leadership and Delegation
- Negotiation Skills
- Professional and Social Networking skills
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Excellent Presentation skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Planning, organization, time management and coordination
- Crisis management and conflict resolution
Job Title: Assistant Director of Membership
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Ensuring the implementation of initiatives necessary to achieve the mission of the Chamber.
- Developing initiatives to educate new and existing members on the activities and benefits of membership of the Chamber.
- Developing and implementing membership retention strategies including loyalty programs approved by the Council.
- Supporting the Chamber, in developing and managing relationships within the Chamber and with Members.
- Working alongside the Membership team to implement new tools to increase leads and Chamber revenue
- Preparation and dissemination of high-quality information through the monthly member’s bulletin.
- Initiating and nurturing networks, relationships, and alliances with corporate organizations and potential members.
- Identifying, Researching, and Suggesting potential Members for admission into the Chamber.
- Developing and managing the process for member feedback on programs and services.
- Ensuring quality and timely submission of periodic Membership and Project Performance Reports as per desired standards and guidelines.
- Maintaining membership records
- Devising evaluation strategies to monitor the performance of Members, and recommending relevant improvements as appropriate.
- Coordinating new member orientation
- A first degree in Social Sciences, Management, Administration or a related field. Post-Graduate qualification is an advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in a Membership or Client Relationship Management role
- Proven Experience relevant in a managerial position.
- Thorough understanding of client relationship management techniques and methods.
- Strong Professional and Social Networks.
- Experience in coordinating, monitoring, evaluating, and impact assessment of programs and initiatives.
- Experience in raising and managing funding from diverse sources.
- miWorking knowledge of MS office and data analysis.
- Excellent understanding of developing partnerships, developing relations, and maintaining network and connections.
- Proficiency in the use of IT Tools.
- Leadership and Delegation.
- Excellent Client Service Skills.
- Networking and Social Skills
- Sales and Marketing
- Strategic thinking
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator. Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities.
- Planning, Organization, time management, and coordination.
- Crisis management and conflict resolution.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 21st March, 2021.