Gemstone Microfinance is a non-bank agricultural microfinance cooperative society. It is a registered national member of the Association of Non-Bank Microfinance Institutions of Nigeria (AMFIN). The society is also registered and regulated in every state where it currently operates.
With an annual turnover of N2 Billion, the financial services arm (RC: 1587936) of Gemstone Microfinance has been instrumental to the success stories recorded by its over 27,000 active members in the last two years of operation.
In its two years of operation, Gemstone Microfinance has provided over N2 Billion in credits to its members in the agricultural business sector across its thirty-three (33) branches in twenty-one(21) states and the Federal Capital Territory. The society’s main focus has been the development of the crop and livestock production, logistics, food processing and retail subsectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Daily cash count of all till transaction.
- Daily call over of all till transaction.
- Checking and Examination of marketers register on a daily basis to ensure tellers are used serially.
- Conduct spot checks, stock taking and other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure that branch staff complies with internal code of conducts, policy and regulations on transactions initiated by the bank.
- Conduct special investigation as may be directed by the risk and compliance manager.
- Review of account opening and documentation on client files on a periodic basis.
- Review of general ledger
- Institute and enforce aggressive cost reduction strategies to ensure zero % income wastage.
- Reconciliation of account when there are discrepancies between passbook and system balances.
- Calculation of interest on kolo account upon maturity.
- Serial arrangement of deposit booklet before it can be issued out to marketers.
- Visitation and Verification of loan customers and guarantors and writing of detailed report.
- Review of Bank reconciliation.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree or HND qualification with 1-3 years work experience.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office programmes
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages
- Knowledge of best practices in internal control and audit
- Knowledge of existing regulatory framework
- Excellent reporting skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flair for details.
- Analytical thinking
- Account reconciliation skills
- A good numerical skill.
N50,000 – N60,000 / Month.
Deadline: 31st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.