Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company's flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Innovation Project Manager
Location: Apapa, Lagos
To support the business in making innovation the engine for growth and build shareholder value via providing innovation governance process end to end - identifying, developing / renovating & launching new brands, products, and delivery systems that satisfy our customers’ and consumers’ current and future needs.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver 1 major & 2 smaller sustainable innovation projects each year & develop a balanced 5-year pipeline of projects to be launched in future years.
The Innovation Project Manager is responsible to provide leadership in the following areas:
- Ensure the relevant team is full training on the Stage-Gate process to enable them to deliver FMN entry strategy, business models, and trademark strategies across categories.
- The ability to navigate and excite cross-functional teams & agencies to gain the necessary traction and resource commitment.
- Support the development and alignment of FMN’s innovation agenda.
- Innovation - Excellence in making connections and crafting these connections to become branded experiences that delight a new consumer cohort, all grounded in local insights.
- Systematic - Ability to coordinate tasks, ensure the team's clarity on the key deliverables of the various project stages.
- Sales / Customer - Understanding of different customer/channel needs and environments.
- Project Management - Able to manage success across a portfolio of innovations touching all parts of the business.
- Can support the team to build the business case for innovations / renovations and identify the competitive edge it could provide for the business.
- Good understanding of managing for value and the ability to run an Innovation P&L with an appreciation of the levers that influence financial performance.
- Identifies areas for new improvement and drives high standards in Innovation processes / tools.
Ensure team adherence to pre-agreed financial commitment and highlight any potential deviations to the project team where needed.
- Mechanical / Material or Chemical Engineering B.Sc.
- MSc in Materials or Chemistry.
- 9+ years experience in Innovation project Management.
- Understanding all aspects of key deliverables to launch a new product initiative.
- Delivering successful projects by leading a cross-functional team.
- Proven ability to influence across an organization from peers to executive level.
- Excellent track record of project management processes and practices.
- Good collaborator with excellent communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online