United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d'Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Industry Specialist
Head office, Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- As industry specialists, the primary purpose of the role is to greenlight credits in their Industry, applying their professional knowledge in the credit assessment prior to any approval.
- The role holder will also be expected to become Certified Senior Credit Officers following intensive Senior Credit Officer training programme which will place them in positions to grant approvals
Roles and Responsibilities
The Industry Specialists will be responsible for the following:
- Development of Industry Studies which will include an identification of Target Market/RAAC for their specific Industries. This will highlight Key Risk Issues and appropriate Mitigants to guide marketing efforts.
- Assessment of credits in their specific area and identifying any structural weaknesses which must be mitigated before giving approval to proceed.
- Lead in project finance in the area of expertise to ensure all areas of ambiguity or uncertainty are addressed and adequately mitigated through structuring and other conditions.
- Train and mentor other staff to build a reservoir of expertise for the Group.
The Specialists will be from the following industries:
- Oil & Gas
- Other Infrastructure projects
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in their Industry – either as a staff of one of the major Industry Leaders (preferably top 3) OR as a management consultant (in one of top 5 International Consulting Firms) OR as a Relationship Manager/Analyst in a reputable Bank (one of top 10% banks in the Banking Sector as determined by a reputable Industry rating agency)
- At least 5 years must have been at top management level (AGM in banking sector or equivalent)
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of the complexities of the Industry with verifiable and quantitative evidence e.g. participated in the execution of at least 5 major projects in the Industry etc.
- Membership of Professional Institution in Industry
- Professional Qualification
- Experience across Africa/Internationally
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online