Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories. DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Industrial Projects Manager
Job ID: GL126075
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- Currently, we are seeking for Industrial Projects Manager. In this role, the successful candidate will develop and administer Industrial Projects country strategy, plans and processes to generate new/ additional business, maximize profit and grow market share in line with business strategy, financial objectives, Group guidelines and policies.
- Execute industrial projects strategies, plans and processes to achieve targeted customer growth and retention rate, revenue targets and budgets
- Deliver projects and initiatives to develop new business and maximize exposure for DHL Global Forwarding amongst targeted prospects.
- Undertake market studies and feasibility studies to assess market potential and analyze target groups.
- Prospect new business development opportunities through market research, developing marketing initiatives, etc.
- Initiate contact with targeted prospects, identify decision makers and work to understand strategic business challenges and priorities
- Identify prospective customer needs and matches these with DHL Global Forwarding services
- Develop leads, conduct pre-proposal visitations, prepare difficult proposals and conduct negotiations to close
- Maintain and build relationships with prospects and potential key accounts including prospects’ highest buying levels and coordinate the activities of prospect-focused teams
- Initiate new business relationships with non-buying accounts that have been targeted by the company
- Partner with local, district and regional management to coordinate customer requests and services that are being promoted
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly
- Regularly meet with Sales Manager to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of customer prospects
Job Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification
- 5-7 years’ experience in new business Sales, with deep knowledge in all of DHL Global Forwarding products, especially Industrial Projects
- Computer Literate – All MS Programs and willing to learn additional computer skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and transfer of knowledge to team members
- Ability to work within time constraints, make own decisions and advise Client of logistics solutions
- Punctuality and time management skills are essential elements of this position.
- Ability to work under extreme pressure with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels & departments for alignment of projects with company goals
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels
- Creativity and problem-solving capabilities
- Must have previous freight experience
- Familiarity with Nigerian Market rules regulations ( Customs – Carriers – Public Authorities …), best practices and performance standards
- Outstanding customer relationship skills
- Team Player.
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online