Job Title: Group Head, Corporate Services and Legal
- She/he will be responsible for the overall management of the group’s secretarial duties, legal, regulatory and corporate communications
- Liaise with the Group Executive Chairman in preparing the agenda for all meetings of the Board of Directors and take minutes of proceedings at such meetings
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of policies and regulations that may affect the oil and gas industry and advise management on the implications for the brand
- Monitor local and international media on issues relating to the industry and ensure prompt and favourable coverage of our projects and activities through maintenance of good working relationships with the media.
- Manage litigations involving the group, drive and institute litigation strategies and practical legal solutions to disputes while upholding the group’s legal position and reputation
- Develop and maintain internal communication strategy, delivering timely and effective communication throughout the group
- Prepare press releases, manage press conference and leverage the opportunities therein.
- Act as a spokesman of the group and present the group’s position on all issues at public events as delegated by the GED
- Review all contracts, MoUs, agreements and all documentation where the group has committed itself and highlight legal implications that need to be brought to the attention of the GED
- Maintain contract compliance in line with the group policies and procedures, ensure issues are resolved and escalated when necessary.
- Advise management on issues related to the group's corporate reputation and recommend appropriate course of action
- Lead in the development of legal policies, processes and procedures in line with the Nigerian law and the strategic objectives of the group
- Perform other functions as may be requested by the Group Executive Director
- Minimum of B.L. Degree (Second Class Upper Division)
- Minimum of 12 years cumulative experience in a Legal and Marketing/Corporate Communications role of a Group business with at least 5 years in a managerial capacity
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the requirements of a company secretary
- Membership of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) or Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- An LL.M or relevant post graduate degree would be an added advantage
25th February, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job position as email subject, for example: 'Group Head, Corporate Services and Legal'.