General Manager at Puma Energy
Puma Energy is a leading global energy business which supplies, stores and distributes petroleum products in 48 countries across six continents. Founded in 1997, Puma Energy has its headquarters in Singapore and Geneva and employs over 8,000 people globally with regional hubs in South Africa, Puerto Rico, Australia and Estonia and have recently setup a Global Delivery Center in Mumbai, India.
Puma Energy has a network of 100 storage terminals, more than 3,000 retail sites, and a presence at over 80 airports. Our mission is to energize communities to help drive growth and prosperity by sustainably serving our customers’ needs in high potential countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
Job ID: R-007968
Job Type: Full time
- Provide leadership and direction to the country management team.
- Be fully accountable for all country operations as well as for the delivery of the financial business plans and KPIs.
- Create the conditions for sustainable, growth through developing and executing business plans.
- Be the visible PUMA representative for the market/ cluster for all external stakeholder interactions including government, vendors and media.
- Consolidate key market insight for both regulated and unregulated markets.
- Ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything that country/cluster teams do. Ensure all HSE, compliance and governance policies, principles and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Role model the Puma Energy core values and ways of working.
- Coordinate the market activities with LOB leads.
- Turn LOB policies and principles into workable market plans.
- Perform the role of assurance lead for HSE, legal and finance.
- Work with Regional teams to develop cluster / country specific plans to create and maintain competitive advantage within the Retail, B2B, Aviation, Bitumen and Lubricants markets to grow customer numbers to meet the financial targets and associated KPIs.
- Ensure that the country depot and transport operations are optimized and structured to effectively serve the needs and demands of the customers. [Review post Infrastructure carve out]
- Fully accountable for cluster/country profit and loss.
- Work with the Region Supply Chain teams to provide accurate demand forecasts that will continuously meet country customer needs.
- Proactively lead the business development within cluster/country to identify new opportunities and grow wallet share with existing customers.
- Create conditions for all country colleagues to personally, and professionally develop their skills and talents to maximise their impact and opportunities within the organisation.
- Optimise and continuously improve the cost of doing business from both a capital and revenue expenditure perspective. Creating the conditions that all colleagues invest and spend wisely to ensure that our customers can afford to do business with us.
- Be the custodian of all compliance and corporate governance policies, processes and procedures to ensure cluster/country adherence at all times.
- To ensure exceptional implementation of Puma standards at all times across all lines of business. Influence new Global standards when gaps and new requirements are identified.
- Create conditions with associated HSE and Legal policies and procedures to ensure compliance that the country/cluster is selling and operating both safely and legally at all times.
- Work with HR and Financial business partners to ensure associated policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to throughout the country’s business operations.
- Represent Puma Energy as the official country spokesperson when influencing customers, local governments, vendors, trade associations and dealing with the media.
- Act as the Puma Energy representative and work with local chief legal counsel on any legal cases, for or against the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Post-graduate Degree in Operational Management or Business Administration.
- 10 years’ experience working at a senior level within organisations that have portfolios that may include retail, aviation, lubricants and B2B operations.
- Leading Part of a Commercial Organisation
- Understanding of Entity and shareholding structures
- Integration following Mergers and Acquisitions
- Local Market Knowledge
- People people
- Track record of sustainable growth in Puma Energy’s related sectors
- Experience with dealing with financial statements. Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash-flow.
Driving and Implementing Change Experience:
- Public speaking and presenting
- Learning from failure
Relationships Management Experience:
- Working with main board and executive committee level leaders
- External Stakeholder Management
- Working in a Matrix Organisation
- Experienced in selling, socializing ideas.
- JV Management
- Bilingual (spoken and written): English + local language.
- High level of commercial and financial acumen.
- Risk Management
- Financial & Commercial Acumen
- Energy Industry Expertise
- Successful Sales Techniques Understanding
- Technical knowledge of industry related technology
- Market Understanding
- Operations & HSSE Expertise
- Energy Sectors Expertise
- Business Plan Development / Implementation
- Stakeholder Management
- Driving delivering results
- Customer and Partner Focused Innovation
- Aligning Business operations to Plans
- Building Effective Teams
- Influencing for Impact
- Authentic Collaboration & Stakeholder Management
- Instigating & Leading Change
- Peer Relationship
- Agility (Including cultural agility and dealing with cultural ambiguity)
- Inspiring Performance for Execution
- Continuous performance improvement
- Making things happen
Problem-solving and decision making:
- Managing ambiguity
- Learning on the fly
Resilience and mental toughness:
- Overcoming obstacles
- Managing stress
Planning and organising:
- Ability to lead and execute multiple projects
- Embracing change
- Acts in accordance with Values, Principles and standards
- Communicate with clarity (Internally & externally. Written & oral)
- Customer Focus
- Lead by Example
- Ability to work independently with irregular supervision
- Customer focus
- Collaborating with others
Key Relationships and Department Overview
- Internal – Region / Country / Cluster teams (including Retail, Aviation, Lubricants and Bitumen), Global teams
- External – Key customers, Government authorities, Key vendors
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply