- Company: WebFX (Remote)
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
ebFX is a full-service digital marketing agency based in the US. We’ve been named the Best Place To Work in Pennsylvania 6 times in a row and we’d love to meet you. We’re looking for people to join our mission to provide world-class digital marketing solutions to mid-size businesses around the world. We get super excited about driving business growth for our clients and are looking for people who take pride in their marketing work and enjoy having a little fun at the same time.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FXInternational Research and Development Software Developer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Coordinating and participating in the programming, implementation, testing, and support of web-based projects using modern frameworks such as React.js and Feathers for Node.js
- Programming, developing, and producing data-driven web applications, websites, and mobile apps using the latest technology solutions and software
- Consulting with clients and the account team to ensure the use of effective Internet-based technologies for enterprise business applications
- Debugging and problem solving across a wide variety of open-source and mobile platforms
- WebFX developers typically work on 25+ projects per year, so there is a high level of variety in work and two days are never the same!
- Our web-based projects use a variety of frameworks selected on a per-project basis. Some of the more popular frameworks our team leverages in projects are WordPress, Magento, Bootstrap, Zend Framework 2, and Google Functions. Training will be provided on all of our core platforms, tools, and technologies.
- This position requires 40-45 hours of remote availability per week, ideally during our standard office hours (8am to 6pm EST)
- Requires reliable, high-speed internet access.
- 45% maintenance and debugging
- 40% building new functionality
- 10% consulting with other team members and clients
- 5% planning and quoting new functionality
- Our “Bootcamp” web marketing training program will be provided for new WebFX “family members.”
- Access to hundreds of online courses and training materials
- Departmental trainings, trend watch reports, and monthly Lunch-and-Learns
What You’ll Get
Opportunities for Growth:
- WebFX grew 250%+ over the past 3 years, and merit-based promotional opportunities are abundant for new family members who meet or exceed position performance metrics.
- Some of our international remote team have been in the role over over 10 years.
- No voluntary turnover in the last 4 years in our international remote team!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
- Pre-employment testing is required.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal). Resume must be in English to be considered.
- Comfortable with both object-oriented and procedural programming methodologies
- Strong knowledge of database design and troubleshooting (MySQL, MongoDB)
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices
- Passion for web development
- Likes to get things done
- Commitment to delivering high-quality and defect-free projects to clients
- Ability to work well in a high-concurrency environment (many projects)
- Capable of individual “deep work” as well as the ability to collaborate with a team to complete projects rapidly
- Strong time-management skills and can meet deadlines consistently
- Takes direction well, but also able to make decisions and take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Up-to-date on the latest web technologies
- Professional, dependable, solid work ethic, detail-oriented, dedication to quality, self-motivated
- Enjoys solving problems
- Customer-centric mentality
- At least 2+ years of working web development experience (not just side projects)
- Solid project-level experience with at least one open-source CMS platform such as WordPress, Magento, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
- Mobile app development and/or React Native experience
- Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- OOP and procedural programming methodologies
- CSS Frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, Intuit)
- JS Frameworks (e.g. jQuery,React.js, Vue, Backbone)
- Git Version control (or other version control software)
- Package management and Task Runners (e.g. NPM, Yarn, Gulp, Grunt)
- Browser testing abilities using built in developer tools
- E-commerce solutions and is well-versed in e-commerce methodologies and best practices
- Previous development firm/agency environment
- Optional – TensorFlow and Machine Learning.
- $8,000 – $15,000 monthly (Negotiable).
Application Closing Date
5th March, 2021.