Job Title: Francophone Associate
Reports to: MD, Investment Banking
- The job holder will work across key areas of corporate finance transactions (project finance, mergers, acquisitions and disposals, equity and debt capital markets.) and strategic review work.
- The job holder will be in charge of the business development of these key areas in African Francophone countries. Also he/she will assist the management of our Client to set up an office in Senegal to cover African Francophone activities.
- The scope of sectors will include public company and private equity transaction (e.g. management and institutional buy-outs, debt and equity fundraising).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Originating and executing Investment Banking mandates across Africa with an emphasis on French speaking countries.
- Conduct detailed financial modeling, due diligence and valuation to develop business case for potential investment projects.
- Origination & execution of transactions
- Industry research and analysis
- Desktop analysis of businesses (financials, markets, products, competitors) and financial modeling
- Meeting new businesses and existing contacts
- Preparing a pitch document (including industry research)
- Undertaking risk management and compliance procedures
- Writing investor presentations, teasers and /or information memorandum (sales documents)
- Contacting prospective buyers, handling the bid process and assessing bids
- Assisting management with their presentation to bidders, project managing the due diligence process
- Providing commercial input to legal documentation
- Negotiating key terms and conditions of the transaction, and project manage the process and liaising with all key parties
- Assist the team lead in the evaluation of complex structured transactions and advise on financial risks.
- Ensure the timely preparation of transaction documents.
- Support members of the Investment Banking team
- Draft advisory reports and presentations to clients
- General research to support pitches and advisory reports
- Preparing proposals, pitches and engagement letters to clients
- Bachelor’s degree Business Management, Economics Finance, Accounting, Banking or other Finance related discipline from a reputable university with a minimum qualification of a second class degree required. Additional professional qualification or a Masters will be an added advantage
- Up to 6 years in a similar capacity within a Financial Services environment
- Equity Capital Markets (Private Placements)
- Possession of well-rounded advisor skills to clients
- Capital Raising
- Strong analytical skills
- Good multi tasking skills
- High level of ambition and motivation
- Ability to work effectively within a team with leadership
- Good commercial judgment and independence of mind
- Valuation and modelling skills
- Strong communication and business writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and in teams
- Entrepreneurial drive and spirit
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as a team interfacing with top company executives and senior management
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Analytical and attentive to detail
- Effective process management abilities
- Enthusiastic, positive and hardworking attitude
- Exceptional computer modeling/Excel spreadsheet/Powerpoint/Word skills
- Fluent in oral and written French
- Appreciable knowledge of Francophone Africa.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online