We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Purpose of the Position
- The purpose of the role is to support the Finance department in analysing and understanding underlying trends and business performance drivers, with a view to enable accurate planning, forecasting and budgeting, as well as ad hoc scenario planning and analysis
- The ideal candidate will have strong financial modelling, management accounting, data analytical, database technical skills and financial modelling skills, coupled with superior communication and presentation skills.
Planning & Budgeting:
- Design, maintain and improve upon robust budgeting model (record trends, understand drivers, correlation, sensitivities, dependencies)
- Annual budget submission
- Formal quarterly forecasting submissions
- Rolling monthly forecasting (Qerent)
- Analytics, reporting and decision making
- Develop and maintain effective financial models
- Providing advice and objective financial analysis, enabling decision makers to take timely and informed business decisions.
- Undertake appropriate financial analysis and evaluation of capital projects
- Ensure that financial forecasts are timely and relevant to the recipients.
- Carry out postinvestment reviews to assess the quality of financial information being provided and the accuracy of forecasts related to investment
- Apply appropriate benefit realisation measures to financial strategy initiatives.
- Big Data
- Track and analyse margins, inventory cost, COPS, SGA, Subscriber numbers, Churn statistics, etc.
- Scenario building (budgets, campaigns, promotions, economic changes, etc)
- Competitor analysis
- Ad hoc (e.g. price changes stress testing, new entrants, etc)
- Any other financial analysis required by management
- Supervise team
- Establish team goals
- Facilitate discussion groups
- Manage and coordinate the activities of agents including employee development, performance evaluation
- Ensure agents are equipped with the necessary work tools to function appropriately
- Carry out timely performance interventions to motivate team to exceed sales expectation.
- CIMA, ICAN preferable, with database / Excel proficiency
- A minimum of 5 years in a Financial analyst role.
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge
- Financial analysis experience
- Management capabilities
- Conflict resolution experience
- Strong negotiator
- Commercial experience
- Operational know how and ability
- Knowledge of contract law
- Team Work
- Interpersonal Support
- Analytical Thinking.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online