UAC Foods Limited is a leading manufacturer and Marketer of tasty, nourishing convenience foods. The business is a joint venture between UACN Plc of Nigeria with 51% equity stake and Tiger Brands of South Africa with 49%. We are a quality conscious company and always aim to add value to our consumers with our rich basket of Snacks, Beverage and Dairies products. Our foremost act of social responsibility is the nutritious, hygienic and safe products that we consistently give to Nigerians.
Staffed with the right people in key Technical, Production and Customer Service Units coupled with our rich culture of innovation spanning many years, we have remained a dominant player in the food industry. Our company pioneered the Sausage Roll market in 1952 and for over 50 years, Gala has kept Nigerians going in their journey to success.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accounting Specialist
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking to hire a Financial Accounting Specialist. Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual reports, analyze financial data for reporting purposes and assist in the maintenance of financial information required by both internal and external parties.
- Responsible for managing the general accounting transactions, assist in month end closing process and preparation of financial statements.
You Will Be Accountable for
Strategy Financial Records & Transaction:
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all General Ledger accounts and Balance sheet review.
- Recording financial data such as accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger monthly.
- Maintain Chart of Accounts (COA) structure and ensure General ledger integrity.
- Support in the preparation of required monthly financial reports and other Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reports.
- Assist in the Preparation of annual Audited Financial Statement for
- Assist in the preparation of Inter-Company Accounts and Reports
- Support month end account close activities with the Financial Accounting Manager
- Support in Internal and External audit engagement with Auditors and ensure implementation of recommendations arising thereon in UFL.
- Establish and manage effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on accounting for the business transactions.
- Provide technical desk support in the interpretation, application and adoption of accounting standards including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Keeping abreast of regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting
Board Reports Support:
- Support to prepare Board Packs, Audit & Risk pack, and Governance and Remuneration pack for Spring Waters Nigeria Ltd and UAC Foods Ltd
- Assist in the preparation of all required group reports to the Shareholders.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Accounting;
- Possession of ACCA or ACA will be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge of SAP & Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills- both written and verbal
- A keen eye for details and data driven
- Deadline orientated and ability to adhere to strict timelines
- Must have completed the NYSC program
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a Manufacturing Industry as a Financial Accountant
- Good Knowledge of IFRS, Nigerian GAAP
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 3rd August, 2021.