We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant/HR Manager
Job Level: Experienced
Job Type: Full-Time
- The Executive Assistant/HR will be responsible for performing an array of administrative /Human Resource functions including providing executive and human resource support to the Managing Partners and to Brookstone Property.
- The dynamic candidate we seek will be organized, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, serious, committed, and passionate about his/her work. The candidate needs to be a team player with a positive attitude and professional disposition. Confidentiality and discretion are key. The candidate must possess great communication skills. Due to the visibility of the position, this requires providing superior customer service to all levels of internal staff and to the Managing Partners.
- You will provide high-level administrative support by periodically providing research, preparing reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, travel arrangements, and scheduling meetings. Also, you will provide job candidates by screening, interviewing, and testing applicants; notifying existing staff of internal opportunities; maintaining personnel records; obtaining temporary staff from agencies and maintains human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Additionally, the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role. You should demonstrate experience in developing relationships, as well as experience in handling the administrative and executive support related tasks with minimal supervision. You will need to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to the completion of assignments and in line with the department's activities and goals.
- The Executive Assistant/Human Resource Officer shall report to the Managing Partners
- Assist Executives daily: schedule meetings, organize projects, provide administrative support to the organization’s executive team. Ensure Executives are prepared for all meetings and logistics are arranged to optimize time.
- Heavy calendar management.
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality, initiative, and sound decision-making.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate meetings and all associated logistics, department and off-site meetings, external group other events.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Executives and process expense reports.
- Prepare agendas, make copies, set up room, coordinate with speakers, take and type notes, order/pick up/layout refreshments, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality of all appropriate communications and documentation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Orients new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll information; explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs.
- Documents human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes human resources department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Provide administrative assistance for the office to include filing, scanning, drafting letters, data entry and other misc. duties
- Assist with preparing and processing reports
- Establish hard copy and electronic files as required
- Maintain office conference room calendar
- Assist in setting up for meetings (make coffee, set up chairs, assist administratively in preparation of meeting materials, e.g., copy, collate, scan)
- Will support office staff with ad hoc administrative tasks for personnel administration, e.g., keeping employee contact information current, may be called upon to assist with time-card duties, transferal of resumes to specified templates, assist with new hire orientations, and support for multiple contract activities, and training sessions
- 6+ or more years relevant experience in an executive support/ human resource role at a high corporate level. Prior C-suite support is preferred.
- Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong problem solving.
- Independently explores and learns about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other staff. Willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- Experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience.
- Interviewing Skills, Professionalism, Organization, Teamwork, Supply Management.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly.
- Thorough knowledge of labor laws
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates openly and directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and technical material.
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently, in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient PC skills to include Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other business enterprise systems).
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of general office procedures (e.g., filing, correspondence, scheduling, expenses, calendar)
- Willingness and ability to provide excellent service to our managers and staff
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personal Management
- Bachelor's Degree
1st March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We thank all candidates for their interest in Brookstone and the role, however, only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.