Sonora Capital and Investment Company Limited, a financial services company that is dedicated to managing assets and providing advisory services for carefully selected clientele that desire high quality, specialized and personalized niche products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Economics Research Analyst
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Research Analyst has responsibility for the collection, storage and maintenance of economic data from a variety of sources for purposes of providing community and business information to the organization and external clients, while enhancing Sonora’s position as a business leader.
- The Research Analyst is the key point of contact internally and externally for the provision of information.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collects qualitative and quantitative data in both electronic and hard copy format, including, but not limited to data on the following: global economy, Information gathered includes business directory lists, industry data, GDP, demographics, labour force, income, real estate and lifestyle indicators.
- Performs basic economic analysis (growth, geographic comparisons, etc.) with indicators such as labour force, demographics, income and construction.
- Provides reports quarterly, semi-annually and annually to management about information requests. Business Unit Support
- In collaboration with the Research Manager, regularly updates website information.
- Through the provision of data, assists the Marketing team to update the organization’s publications such as the sector profiles, quarterly & annual reports and collateral materials.
- Assists Business Development Managers by identifying their information needs and locating and providing the relevant resources in order to empower them to meet these needs.
- Assists in preparing market briefing for inbound and outbound trade missions.
- Proactively researches and identifies new economic data and lifestyle indicators and alerts staff to the same on a regular basis.
- Scans traditional and social media to identify newsworthy articles and information.
- Responds to internal and external requests for information.
- Refers external information requests to partner agencies as required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Second class upper preferably.
- Experience in sourcing, researching and storing data, both hard copy and electronically and being able to source appropriate data as requested’
- Demonstrated strict attention to detail and accuracy of information, as well as extremely effective organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge in how to determine the best sources for obtaining current data.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to keep abreast of data currency and sources.
- Results driven.
- Familiar and comfortable with exploring and utilizing new and emerging information technology (i.e. new business databases).
- Experience in applying and interpreting economic information such as GDP, labour force, income, business counts, real estate etc
- Easily navigates internet / databases searching of particularly ‘hard to find’ information.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 8th June, 2021.