ZIM Integrated Shipping Services - In the fast-changing shipping world, ZIM Integrated Shipping Services has set itself apart as an independent carrier with a fresh, unique approach.
ZIM’s strategy as a global niche carrier offers distinctive advantages to customers worldwide. We have created a smart, efficient network that ensures stable, reliable services; and we have made it our mission to focus on the needs of our customers, which stand at the heart of all our decisions.
ZIM operates in select trades, where it has a competitive advantage and where it can provide superior service. In these trades, ZIM is a significant player with a sizable market share. We maintain a flexible partnership approach with other major carriers, and our new line structure is a much-needed alternative to customers concerned about the current alliance-dominated market.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: District Commercial Manager
Reference No.: E3.12B
- Setting and implementing the target allocation & pricing guidance within the region, set together with the Business Unit improve revenue
- Propose commercial actions to reduce costs
- Implementing district commercial strategy, focus on key areas and business development initiatives and opportunities.
- Analyzing commercial trends of the district.
- Representing the district with the Cargo Flow, Sales, and other HO units
- Providing the district with meaningful insights on cross-trade commercial conditions.
- Maintaining data of the customers in the district
- Maintaining direct contact with Line Cargo Flow and District Operations (weight issues, bypass, T/S).
- Proactively identifying, addressing and solving cross-trade and cross-Country issues.
- Approving pricing and demurrage requests (within the authorized range).
- Identify commercial gaps in performance and design corrective action plans
- Working directly with the Countries in the district on commercial issues.
- Maintain customer relations and manage VIPs accounts
- Improve processes and communication
- Manager's work plans & forecasts of the team, and adding a cross-trade view.
- Monitoring & challenging team on the Country’s performance vs. targets.
- An academic Degree in Economics, Marketing, Business Management or similar field
- At least 5 years' experience in similar role with a clear progressive career path and at least 3 of those years should be in a managerial capacity
- Excellent English and French language skills
- Experience with local market
- High presentation and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online