ActionAid works with poor people in over 40 countries across the world. Our goal? To end poverty. We believe in doing things differently. We know that with the right opportunities, poor people will find their own solutions – and build new lives. ActionAid Nigeria commenced programmatic operations in January 2000 after a Country appraisal which found poverty.
Digital Marketing Officer
Reporting to: Sponsorship Communications Advisor
- The job holder will provide technical digital marketing support to deal with data and system management tasks.
- S/he will take responsibility for administration and data management on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database as well as provide technical support and assistance to the Resource Mobilisation & Innovations unit.
Communication and Working Relationships:
- Report regularly to the Fundraising Coordinator, regarding the on-going maintenance of admin systems for the fundraising program – and to raise any specific issues which might occur.
- Maintain good communication with the Finance team to ensure an efficient banking process, including the reconciliation of web-based payments, and accurate income reporting.
- Work closely with the Fundraising team to plan the management of donor/member communications and events to increase retention.
- Maintain accurate data entry and data management for the fundraising program using the Fundraising CRM database, including setting up new memberships and donor records
- Manage the monthly reconciliation of regular (Direct Debit) and one-off donations, payments, working closely with the finance team.
- Setting up triggers and workflows for executing email marketing campaigns. Implement a/b testing procedures, segmentation, manage calendarization and development of compelling creative and content that drives results.
Increase Onsite/Off site visibility for ActionAid:
- Manage and optimize Pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns across search sites (e.g. Google) and Social Networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter).
- Drive traffic to ActionAid website using relevant meta tags/keywords to increase visibility on the Search Engine Results Page.
- Build Offsite visibility on Social Networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+) by engaging our target audience with case studies of ActionAid’s interventions
- Work closely with web services team to provide structured site analysis, functionality, evaluate site architecture, implement ongoing keyword generation, create search-friendly content and develop link-building strategies
- Monitor and evaluate social media engagement from Twitter, Facebook and other relevant sites using analytics software, such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite and their campaign dashboards as well as discussions across communities, social networks & blogs
- Work to increase followers and likes on ActionAid Community Sponsorship Facebook page
- Source content for the website/blog and social media engagement,
- Plan, promote and implement email campaigns for special events.
- Collaborate with the supporter marketing and communication teams to design and deploy digital/Face to Face marketing strategy and engagement based on analysis of user behaviour from posts and feedback mechanisms
- Drive conversion and optimize user funnels from the website and social media.
- Handle community sponsorship electronic and digital Marketing for online and other appropriate platforms.
- Monitor and update all social media with streaming of AAN events
- Monitor and report on database of community sponsorship supporters
- Monitor and Liaise with payment gateway companies (Paystack, Interswitch) on all donations-electronic channels.
- Monitor & Ensure funds donated by sponsors transmitting through 3rd party payment application reconcile with bank records.
- Monitor and reconcile the two databases from web platform donation and Bank recorded donations
- Optimisation of all ActionAid web platforms
- Monitor and ensure the propagation and speed rendering of all web applications
- Support to drive followership on the MILMAP web.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the line manager.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal Relationships: Entire AAN team
- External Relationships: Community Sponsorship Supporters
- First degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or other related field
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- At least three years post NYSC experience
- Two years’ experience in a similar position in the development sector
- Experience using a range of tools and applications for data reporting and manipulation eg Excel, Access, FastStats, SQL etc.
- Experience in IT support services
- Conversant with setting up audio-visual equipment.
- Experience of providing user support and training.
- Experience of using a CRM database system.
- Experience in generating analytical reports from databases.
- SQL programming skills highly desirable
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to multi task
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Highly numerate and accuracy skills
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative,
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self-motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to effectively promote AAN’s mission, values, and objectives
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download, complete the Application Form below and send it together with their Applications in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and location e.g Digital Marketing Officer – Abuja as the subject of the mail.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]