- Company: Chipper Cash (Remote)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Director
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
- The Country Director will serve as the primary lead role for Chipper Cash in Nigeria.
- The Country Director will work closely with the senior leadership team. She/he will drive the country’s business strategy alongside cross functional teams including Legal & Compliance, Operations, Marketing, and Product.
- The goal is to promote and expand the company’s commercial activity in Nigeria that will generate revenues, drive customer growth and promote customer retention.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with the senior leadership team to define and execute on country strategy to ensure Chipper meets its goals of delivering on product, market, and customer growth.
- Create and execute on country operational and commercial growth strategy including building the required infrastructure needed to support the company’s growth
- Build partnerships that will unlock and accelerate Chipper’s product and liquidity availability and grow revenues.
- Build new business relationships and expand the value proposition for the customer and expand collection and distribution network
- Support senior leadership team with new market and partnerships opportunities, including developing and signing new relationships with banking , payment and liquidity partners.
- Provide local market intelligence in areas such as user-behavior, target segments and competitive intelligence to have a holistic market picture and support product-market-fit efforts
- Identify, develop and maintain strategic relationships with business and governmental organizations (including the central bank), to improve business operations and continuity.
- Work with legal, risk and compliance team to ensure Chipper Cash in Nigeria is in compliance with local laws, legislation, and regulations relating to Chipper’s operations
- Ensure the product(s) brought to market are aligned to the business objectives and contribute to increasing market share, community engagement, customer retention, and product & customer profitability
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Delivers financial objectives including revenue, payment volume and market penetration objectives
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding customer satisfaction net promoter scores
- Support the people’s team in identifying key talent and implementing staffing requirements for efficient operations, maintaining a strong culture and work climate that attracts and retains talent , and drives Chipper mission in Nigeria
- Represent the company and increase awareness by being the spokesperson and liaison with local media and other key stakeholders
- Serve as the face of the company and actively participate in external events, both increasing visibility , credibility and brand in the Nigerian market
What You Should Have
- You have 7-10+ years of experience or prior experience performing business development with fintech, banking, crypto or DeFi companies
- Knowledge of the Nigerian payments ecosystem and regulatory requirement
- P&L responsibility
- Ability to work within and lead a cross functional team within a matrixed environment
- Team oriented ,collaborative and flexible
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Result oriented with a hands-on approach
- Creative and resourceful in overcoming challenges
- Understanding of financial performance of the product portfolios
- Requires general business skills , financial management , planning skills and long term vision.
- Excellent leadership skills.
Application Closing Date