Catilas Resources Limited - Our client who operates in the Maritime / Oil and Gas industry is recruiting suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Company Accountant
Job type: Full time
- Catilas Resources Limited is looking for an outstanding and experienced Accountant in the Maritime / Oil and Gas industry, who is driven to consistently overachieve, to manage the financial and management account functions in the company.
- You will analyze everyday financial activities, pass the entries, prepare the reports, and subsequently provide advice and guidance to management on future financial plans.
- The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
- Prepare and provide financial and management accounting reports and interpret financial information to management while recommending further courses of action.
- Maintain and update accounting records and files.
- Analyse budgets and create expense reports.
- Examine tax policies and handle tax payments and returns.
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (e.g. by assets, liabilities and expenses).
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Analyse transactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct month-end and year-end closures.
- Prepare documents for audits.
- Advise clients on financial issues.
- Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely, accurate consistent recording of all activities of the company in the books of accounts.
- Analyze revenues, costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the budgets.
- Develop trends and projections for the company’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget. Forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual results.
- Liaise with external auditors and tax consultant and company secretary for prompt audit, resolution and filing of annual returns.
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
Required Education / Qualification:
- BA / BSc in Accounting, Economics, Finance Accounting Engineering and or Mathematics, MSc is a plus.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA /ACA is a must.
- Minimum of 5years of relevant experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates currently in similar roles within the Maritime/Oil and Gas sector.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel; very good with spreadsheets.
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Experience in the Maritime/Oil and Gas sector.
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Able to work with and support cross-functional teams
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is based in Koko in Delta State and interviews will be conducted in Lagos.