We are inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below within the organisation:
Job Title: Communications Officer, Women’s Voices and Leadership – Nigeria Project
Reporting to: WVL Project Manager
- The WVL-Nigeria Communications Officer will be responsible for all communication needs of the project.
- S/he will support the development of WVL-Nigeria communication strategy working in line with Global Affairs Canada and ActionAid Nigeria’s Communication Strategies.
- Facilitate and ensure delivery of communications requests on the WVL project within specified timeline
- Develop and implement innovative and effective communication and media strategies for the WVL-Nigeria project
- Support content development for WVL-Nigeria project policy influencing, website and other social media platforms working with the WVL-Nigeria Feminist Hub Manager
- Responsible for quality assurance of documentation and publishing of all WVL-Nigeria project publications in liaison with the AAN Communications Unit
- Support WVL-Nigeria project partners in understanding, documenting and communicating WVL-Nigeria project successes, results and impacts.
- Support other AAN communications strategies for all initiatives including fundraising and marketing projects
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by line manager.
- Internal – Entire AAN team
- External – The Media, project partners, donor, Partners, INGO Community and other stakeholders.
- Essential: First degree in communications, socials sciences or arts/humanities
- Desirable: Master's degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 years work experience 2 of which should be in communication field in the development sector
- Website development and digital communications experience
- Capacity building experience including training and facilitating.
- Experience working with the media
- Familiarity with popular media sector and previous relationship with same
- Experience in gender mainstreaming and women’s rights
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Good computer skills especially in the use of publishing tools
- Multi-tasking skills
- Public Speaking skills
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Online i.e. website management and digital communications
- A person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- A self motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission, values and objectives
3rd April 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly download and complete the "Application Form" below and send as an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g. Communications Officer, Women's Voices and Leadership (Nigeria Project).
Click Here to Download Application Form (MSWord)
Click Here for more Information
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.