Ruff n Tumble is Nigerian’s Leading Clothing Brand for Cool teens and Kids with an international appeal. At Ruffntumble, we design, produce and retail clothing for boys and girls from new born to sixteen -year olds (0-16 yrs). Our style is trending with pieces that allow the young dynamic Nigerian to express their personal style.
Commercial Planning Manager
- You will be responsible for the sales planning and forecasting of your respective market. You will define the short and long-term commercial targets in the market in close collaboration with several commercial functions
- You will work closely with the warehouse and sales team and various commercial functions such as retail, pricing, finance, and supply. You will be supporting them with your analytical skills on commercial and strategic topics, as the main business planning and forecasting expert for your market.
- You will monitor the business performance in your market, point out and explain deviations, and derive commercial recommendations to close performance gaps.
- You will execute cross functional analysis to support trade-off decisions and projects on overarching topics with a direct impact on several parts of the business
- You will participate and drive local strategic projects with high commercial impact, and you will work closely with the warehouse, and sales team
- You will model demand forecast overlooking local commercial activities and different investments areas (e.g. Pricing, Marketing, value proposition such as Payment, Logistics)
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of merchandising strategies.
- Creating eye-catching store layouts that showcase the brand and aesthetic of the company.
- Negotiating the costs of inventory for multiple stores.
- Preparing annual and quarterly budgets, and presenting them to the relevant stakeholders.
- Tracking inventory movement and systematically introducing promotions, sales, price changes, etc.
- Identifying trends and monitoring supply and demand.
- Collaborating with the marketing department to brainstorm new projects, campaigns, and business ideas.
- Interpreting sales reports and providing guidance on how to improve figures and customer engagement.
- Actively lead, mentor, develop, supervise and direct category managers to take on initiatives, execute and actively impact revenue.
- Develop and execute comprehensive assortment strategy, category expansion and exit plans that is optimized for company objectives and growth opportunities identified at category level.
- Responsible for product life cycle planning and execution from ideation till product discontinuation.
- Participate in buying decisions and ensuring the organization gets the best deals on prices and payment terms.
- Performance of research on competitors and their offerings, market share, customer behavior, and general market insights. He/she can also can also spot new opportunities for the business to branch into.
- MBA or masters in economics, finance, engineering, statistics, management or comparable qualification. You should have gained 10 years of work experience in consumer-oriented commercial, financial or highly analytical role
- You are a strategic commercial thinker with impressive analytical skills and critical mindset. You have strong technical skills in Excel. Knowledge in SQL or other programming languages is a strong plus
- You should have a good understanding of the main P&L lines in an ecommerce – retailing environment
- You should have great communication skills and can drive projects with different teams across the organization
- You are business-fluent in English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.