- Company: Winock Solar Nigeria Limited
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Winock Solar Limited is a company that specialises in off-grid solar solutions in Sub-Saharan Africa. Winock Solar offers a wide range of products such as solar panels, inverters and batteries and services such as installation and repair. Our mission is to make solar accessible, reliable and affordable to Nigerian micro-businesses for productive use.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Risk Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF):
- Implement the ERMF for the management and oversight of all Enterprise Risks across the subsidiary.
Credit Risk Management:
- Review and approve loans according to the Chart of Loan approval; coordinate all recovery activities including through legal actions; control pre-disbursement conditions and loan contracts through the network of resident compliance officers in the branches; frequently tracks credit risk indicators (approval rates, time to decision, vintage quality, PAR, losses…) and establish frequent reviews with team and stakeholders.
- Supervision of the work on credit risk policies, rules and methodologies; counterpart of Group Risk Management Department on these topics.
- Oversight of credit risk assessment at individual and portfolio level, member of credit committees on high amounts
- Allocation of authorization rights for credit-related decision making to staff in branches and Head Office.
- Monitoring of credit risk development and quality at portfolio level, proposes measures for improvement, prepares credit risk report for the Management.
- Main counterpart for Business and other departments on credit risk, participates in committees and staff management
Report on the subsidiary risk position:
- Present the Winock subsidiary risk position to the CEO and Management Committee, including material concentration of risk highlighting market imbalances, and other external or outlook risks that could impact the Risk Appetite or Risk Profile of the various subsidiary, under normal and stressed scenarios.
- Ensure the subsidiary risk profile is appropriate to the external environment in the markets in which it operates.
Strategy and Plan:
- In conjunction with the Heads of various subsidiaries, defines and sets the Risk Appetite and Risk Profile for the local business that underpins Winock’s strategy and business plans.
- Actively contributes to the Business Plan process (BP) and provides clear direction on the subsidiary’s strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
- Compliance with CBN regulatory ratios for Microfinance Banks Risk function and control covering Operations, Finance, HR, IT, Marketing, FX, Credit, Digital channels, Regulatory, Reputational, Liquidity etc.
- Identifying potential threats to the financial stability of Winock including risky credit investments Compliance Risk Regulatory Risk Reputational Risk Information System Risk etc and portfolio inefficiencies.
- Delivering of regular risk analysis reports to the Management with actionable plans for avoiding or preventing potential threats at all levels.
Requirements / Qualifications
Educational and Professional Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Risk Management.
- Master of Business Administration
- Certified Microfinance Banker.
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in the field of Risk Management preferably in an international organization, in the domain of finance or financial services.
- Must be grounded in enterprise risk
- Microfinance banking experience is mandatory.
- Technical skills
- Must have microfinance experience
- Must be grounded in enterprise risk
- Microfinance certification is an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Secured / Unsecured lending and collections principles and its strategy ideally across Banking, Corporate and Retail customer segments
- Broad risk management knowledge including fraud and operational risk management and the ability to lead risk governance and control through recognized frameworks:
- Strong decisive leadership through the credit risk cycle;
- Demonstrated ability to develop portfolio analytics and use them to support decision-making
- Excellent knowledge of financial planning and project/change management processes.
- Emerging risk and the ability to handle an unexpected crisis
- Fluent in English
- The highest ethical and professional standards.
- Strong analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, team building and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, and assess and develop employee skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use logic, reasoning, and critical thinking in identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with senior staff within an organization.
Application Closing Date
27th April, 2022.