Mkobo Microfinance Bank is currently pivoting to a full service digital bank/Neobank by launching mkobobank.com. Our goal is to help hard working people to grow their wealth by making it easy for them to earn, save, spend and invest their hard earned money.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The COO is a key member of the senior management team and will play a critical role in helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of the company.
- He / She will be saddled with the responsibility of overseeing our ongoing business operations and growth.
- The role plans, directs, oversees and drives the company’s operational policies, objectives, initiatives, and goals.
- You will help execute both long and short-term plans including directives using sound judgement, vision, management, and leadership.
- Managing the daily operations and revenue generation of the business and ensuring its continual growth
- Ensure strategic objectives shaped at the Executive Management level are translated into tactical business plans with mechanisms for key measurements in place to monitor progress.
- Review performance against balanced scorecard components as prescribed by the Executive Management, discuss gaps and agree on action plans to close gaps.
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Direct the preparation of short / long term goals based on the goals of the business
- Promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth
- Identifying areas of operations / business that require technological intervention and co-coordinating with stakeholders for the implementation of technical solutions
- Develop and implement growth strategies, identify new business opportunities and manage marketing efforts
- Develop and implement fraud prevention procedures and processes to ensure effective transactions monitoring (Implementing tools to monitor transactions, identify attempted fraud and reports)
- Management of the overall quality and efficiency of operations, oversee human capital development
- Ensure the company delivers an outstanding service that is client-focused and efficient at all times.
- Measure effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes both internally and externally and finds ways to improve processes by evaluating performance, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Coordinates with the human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas under management to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money
- People Management / Leadership: Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and peers on Executive Management to ensure the correct focus
- Provide clear directions on strategic goals, translating and prioritizing them into business and performance measures.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate operational controls for all products and channels; carry out research on new technologies and ensures SLA’s are defined and achieved.
- Develops and implements procedures and controls to ensure security and accountability and accurate information flow in the bank.
- Monitors and supervises bank wide operational processes and ensures achievement of approved SLA targets.
- Develop, refine and implement operations strategy including aspects such, financial institution relations, regulation bodies, product design, development and delivery, portfolio quality management, client outreach and communications.
- Manage and drive B2B marketing activities.
- Monitor the strict adherence to governance and setting high standards of professionalism across the functions
- Review Performance Improvement reports determining the effectiveness of interventions.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annual operational reports, budget to the CEO.
- Provide Human Resources oversight in areas such as recruitment, hiring and compensation policies, benefits administration and oversight, professional training and development, including new employee orientation, regulatory oversight and legal compliance, development and oversight of annual employee review process, development and oversight of retention and employee well-being strategies, oversight of payroll submission and reports
- Mentor and develop staff using supportive and collaborative approach by assigning accountabilities, setting objectives, establishing priorities and monitoring and evaluating results
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision which will encourage a culture of excellence, high performance and continuous improvement
Qualification and/or Experience
- B.Sc / B.A in Business Administration or relevant field; M.Sc / MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 10 -15+ year’s progressive experience with a minimum of 5+ years in core banking operations, e-business, financial management, reconciliation, treasury management, asset management, fraud and risk management, business development and marketing
- FCIN / MCP or other relevant qualification and professional registration will be an added advantage
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem-solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
Competencies / Skills:
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- A Client-focused mindset with demonstrated success of developing and implementing Sales strategies
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and proactively drive both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Financial reporting capabilities including budgeting and cash flow management
- You have already led a team of various profiles and dealt with people issues.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, public speaking, and leadership skills
- An innovative and motivational mentality
- Strong written and verbal and presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th June, 2021.