The Genesis Cinemas Brand and company was launched into the Nigerian market in the year 2008, in Lagos. By the month of December 2011, the company had served over 15 million customers. Since then, Genesis Cinemas has grown to 12 cinemas with over 45 screens and over 5000 seats. Genesis Cinemas has cinemas located in Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Warri, Owerri, Abuja and Asaba. Our strategy to continue to grow in all major cities of the country will have us opening in more locations in the years to come.
We are a major brand in the strategic Lagos market, with our current Lekki location situated at the most popular shopping mall in the country with over 800 parking spaces, housing some of the most prestigious Nigerian and international retail brands. Genesis Cinemas Lagos was the first cinema in West Africa to show a 3D movie (Green Hornet) in February, 2011.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Manager
Festac / Maryland / Ajah, Lagos.
Employment Type: Full-time
- Plan and execute operational procedures to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the business
- Perform duties and supervise the cinema staff in all aspects of operations including Box Office, Concessions, retail, lounge, ushering and the projection room.
- Preparing films and other content for screenings in a timely manner, with due care to avoid damaging material; securing films and other content to avoid opportunities for film theft and preparing films and other content correctly for onwards transport.
- Showing films and other content in accordance with the cinema’s timetable and to the best possible standards of presentation.
- Maintaining and caring for projection, sound and other audio visual equipment to ensure that it is operating safely and to its optimum technical capacity.
- Taking responsibility for stock and money on your shift, ensuring that records are accurate and honest, that tickets and products are sold correctly (e.g. tickets are sold at the right price for the right film) and that cash is stored in accordance with the Company’s insurance requirements
- Ensure all day to day accounting and financial controls are fully operational
- Maintaining standards so that deliveries are dealt with at the earliest opportunity and that stock rooms are tidy with stock stored correctly.
- Reporting relevant information to Head Office; liaising with Head Office about the cinema maintenance issues.
- Undertaking general cinema maintenance tasks including changing light bulbs, ad hoc repairs, concession machines etc.
- Liaise with marketing staff in the preparation of advertising and marketing plans and ensure full support from operations.
- Managing the staff on duty effectively including providing direction, training and feedback and allocating tasks to maximise the use of staff on duty; communicating relevant information to staff on duty and reporting back information to the management team and head office, as appropriate.
- Develop, set, review and monitor uniform standards, operational practices, company policies hygiene and quality standards and ensure they are adhered to.
- Set work targets for operational staff and conduct reviews of staff performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or other related fields.
- Operations experience in Hospitality industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Managerial position.
- Outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable analytical thinking and business insight.
Deadline: 30th September, 2021.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Business Manager” as the subject of the email.