FBNInsurance is a limited liability company licensed to transact lnsurance businesses in Nigeria. The Company is jointly owned by FBN Holdings Plc (65%) and the Sanlam Group, one of the largest financial institutions in South Africa (35%) and it officially commenced operations on the 1st September 2010.
Business Development Team Lead(Lagos)
Job Role Objective
- To identify sales leads, pitch insurance products/services to prospects as advised by subordinates and ensuring conversion to customers while maintaining a good working relationship with existing customers and prospects.
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Training subordinates and helping them develop their skills.
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly performance report to the BDM by highlight key issues, and proffer professional recommendations where necessary.
- Supply of regulatory information/data to the compliance team within timelines.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of financial budget.
- Timeliness in the Preparation of Periodic business development activity report to BDM
- Number of customer relationships improved on and established.
- Ideas generation and Implementation effectiveness
- % of renewal businesses.
- No. of operational errors committed.
- A good First Degree, while an Advanced Degree such as MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 years cumulative experience in Sales
- Membership of CIIN is within 1 year of hire.
- Delegation, mentoring and coaching
- Must be conversant with NAICOM regulations
- High level of productivity using Microsoft office applications.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
An Ideal FBNIB person MUST be/have:
- Innovative (Disruptive and Creative in solving Problems)
- Integrity (Inspire trust and confidence in customers and co-workers)
- Respect (For self and others)
- Customer Centric (Empathetic and Focused on Customer
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers, and determine what products or service would best serve those needs.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good Communications skills (written and oral)
- Strong Selling and marketing skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Reports to: Group Head Business Development
- Business Development Executive
- Business Development Executive.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to the email provided under the apply button using “Team Lead” as the subject of the mail.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]