Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Specialist
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the job
- Monitor the general market trends, put in place and carry out the commercial promotional actions. Identify, within the context of defined strategies, opportunities for the development of new industrial and commercial initiatives of interest to Saipem. Recommend the selection of the most attractive project initiatives to be pursued and start the initial pursuit, mostly until the Bid-no-bid decision.
- Monitor the business environment through the participation in meetings, conferences, events and direct Client contacts, in order to identify new initiatives consistent with Saipem strategies and objectives.
- Build, develop, maintain and foster productive relationships with Oil and Gas Companies and Energy Institutional Entities.
- Enhance the whole range of business activities through fit-for-purpose capability presentations, promote the know-how of Saipem, particularly the EPCI potential as well as the full range of services Saipem can provide to Clients.
- Monitor market trends with respect to technology needs and developments, propose and support the activation of Research and Development projects as indicated by market trends and specific project requirements.
- Report and advise Management on business plans and analysis concerning projects, countries or unattended geographical areas, indicate opportunities for investment and strategic partnerships, and if necessary stipulate co-operation/ confidentiality agreements.
- Carry out all required pre-bid commercial and technical actions for selected medium-long term projects including identification and establishment of agreements/ strategic alliances as well as preliminary definition of the contractual/ financial bases. This also includes the activation of all needed functions such as engineering, financial, procurement, Research and Development, planning, report to Management and interface with the relevant Area/Country Managers, act as focal point for the Client during these initial phases.
- Ensure the most effective and timely handover of the commercial initiatives to the Commercial Manager and offer support throughout the bid and negotiation phases, obtain feedback from the Management on strategic project execution and results.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Business Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance and other related fields of study is mandatory, minimum of about 5 to 8 years’ relevant experience in the energy industry, including working experience in fields relating directly to business coaching, business consulting, and financial analysis, and familiarity with Microsoft Office tools.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online