- Company: Meristem Securities Limited
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Rivers Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Nigeria
Meristem Securities Limited is a leading capital market conglomerate that offers Wealth Management services, Stockbroking services, Registrar services, Trustee services and Investment Banking services to our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Business Development Officer is responsible for the co-ordination and integration of the Group’s business development functions.
- Coordinate all business development initiatives for the group.
- Accountable for business development across the group, on weekly basis.
- Prepare and deliver presentations/seminars to clients and prospects for business development purposes.
- Create sales and marketing strategies to generate new clients.
- Prospect and win new accounts for the Group.
- Seek opportunities for subsidiaries in each subsidiary’s business.
- Attend Business Development meetings of all subsidiaries.
- Give advisory support to all business units in the group.
- Coordinates the networking of the Group and business units with prospects, operators and regulators.
- Prepare weekly reports on business development and marketing activities.
- Consult with clients on the Group’s strategic products and services that are suitable for their needs.
- Track revenue generation in order to facilitate the achievement of the Group’s budget.
- Monitor decisions on business development and measure their impact.
- Build a strong and long-term relationship with clients.
- Establish a network of referrals.
- Examine business patterns, evaluate the fiscal statements, and assess potential competitors for clients’ businesses.
- Prepare business plans and suggest suitable business solutions to clients.
- Perform all other functions connected to business activities as may be directed by the management.
- Any other assignment as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role in the financial services industry.
Skills / Knowledge / Attributes:
- Ability to influence others to do what is to be done.
- Must possess good listening skills.
- Must be fair, goal-oriented, responsible and skilled.
- Must be a good director of affairs both human and material.
- Must be able to evaluate others.
- Must be charismatic.
- Ability to look beyond the obvious/routine.
- Ability to see what others cannot see.
- Ability to seek a richer set of alternatives.
- Ability to question assumptions.
- Ability to proactively measure performance.
- Must be an energetic person with unusual initiative.
- Must be resilient.
Sound Ethics and Integrity:
- Must be discernibly honest and of consistent upright character.
- Must be ethical i.e. must follow the ideals and responsibilities of the banking industry as set out in the code of ethics guiding operations and operators in the industry.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.